Hi, My laptop is about 4 years old and just recently the laptop cuts out after a few seconds from turning on. Now, when the power button is pressed some lights flash and that's about it. I have taken out the battery and just used the AC but still no go.
Do I have to face facts and lay the laptop to rest or is there hope?
Your power jack may have become unsoldered from the main board after four years of plugging in and unplugging the AC adapter (and thus wiggling the jack). If the AC adapter seems to wobble a lot at the jack, this is most likely the problem. Online places advertise about $100 to fix it. If you could get a service manual, and are handy with a soldering iron (low power), you could do it yourself. You have to take the main board completely out. And if you DO fix it, lay a bead of epoxy around the sides and back of the jack, and let it set, so it doesn't happen again. Bounce these options against the price of another notebook.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ok this is kind of common with Windows 7. Although everyone thinks its new its really not just a fairly bug free OS. The HP models running Win7 actually are using the Vista or XP driver for audio. I just ran into that issue a few months ago when upgrading a Pavillian model.
Power drain would be a better solution in this case.
1.first shut down the comp
2.unplug the charger
3. remove the battery
and after press and hold the power button for 60 seconds without any charger and the battery.After the 60 seconds replug the battery and the charger and turn the computer .
Shut it down. Take the battery out. Unplug it. Leave the battery out then turn the computer back on. If you still have a black screen there is a hardware problem. If you have an external monitor connect it to the laptop and switch to show on external monitor. If you can see externaly then problem is cable or screen problem. If you can't see external picture then problem is most likely a chip on the motherboard. Video chip problem common on hp and compaq laptops.
Hi there , sound like it is a software problem , if you can only read it on that compaq , it may be the permision setting in the writing software , if you cannot change these setting you could try installing a different writing programme .
Hi I think your problem is with the battery ac/power voltage. Make sure of the right voltage for your Laptops is selected on the Ac/power device you are using. In other simple words, the high voltage causes the laptop to cut off as yours, and the soloution is that you try adjusting the voltage into a lower voltage. I hope this works!
I would bet your system has been overheating - that's why it kept shutting off. Now it may have overheated and killed your CPU or mainboard. These laptops require quite a bit of disassembly to get at the CPU. You will probably have to take it to a repair shop for further work.