Question about Toshiba Satellite A60 Notebook
First is the ac adapter hard to tell if its working or not
even if green light is on, it could be the end that plugs into laptop
next is the dc jack , take a toothpick or something
and touch the pin inside the jack where you plug the adapter
if this moves just a bit, the pin is broke , a new dc jack is 5 bucks on ebay or more, but youll have to take apart to install new jack
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 22, 2011 | Dell XPS M1530 Laptop
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Feb 09, 2011 | Toshiba PC Laptops
Dec 21, 2010 | PC Laptops
Nov 27, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Sep 20, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4530-5889 Notebook PC
Sep 15, 2010 | PC Laptops
May 06, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Jan 03, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jul 18, 2008 | Sony VAIO PCG-K35 Notebook
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!