Question about Computers & Internet
It usually means that you don't have exact driver installed. But sometimes it's a problem with a Plug&Play Enumerator. I solved this problem several times. First try to install exact driver for your device from cd or website of your motherboard. If after installation of a new driver you have the same issue you may try this:
1. Chek if PnP SW Enumerator is installed on your machine (Device Manager / System devices) - should be listed there!
2. If it is not there then we will probably solve it!
3. Locate "machine.inf" on your OS, copy it somewhere and modify it (find "ExcludeFromSelect=*" and remove the line or simply exclude it from processing by adding a ";" at the beginning)
4. Check the "machine.inf" file for location where SWENUM should be located (mine was reading: SWENUM.CoInstallers.CopyFiles = 11 ; %windir%\System32)
5. Find "swenum.sys" file on your XP installation CD (mine was in DRIVER.CAB) and copy it to the proper location (I am not sure if it is necessary but worked for me)
6. Go to Control Panel /Ad HW and follow the wizard towards manual selection of device to be added
7. Select Add System device
8. Select Have disk
9. Navigate to changed machine.inf
10. from the list select standard devices (in the left list) and "Plug and Play Software Enumerator" in the right list
11. Finish the installation
If it stil does not work reinstall the audio adapters' drivers. It should work now.
And also if you have any Linux liveCd you can boot from it . Linux loads it's sound drivers and after when you boot Windows it usually solves your sound problem ( I resolved this with Mandriva One Live CD).
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
are you sure its C-media AC'97? Realtek also has 'AC97 drivers! code 10 means that, as you know, the device cannot start...drivers are incompatible with OS
go www.testmyhardware.com and dnload the free app..it will poll your system and tell you what kind of sound card it is
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
There is Problem with your Sound Card driver .
1st you check Your sound card driver and company name.
If you want to install proper driver just follows these step.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2015 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2010 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...
May 26, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 30, 2009 | Logitech Z-5300 Computer Speakers
Jul 12, 2008 | Packard Bell (030069) Sound Card
Apr 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 17, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jan 20, 2008 | Logitech X-530 Computer Speakers
May 29, 2017 | Signature Computers & Internet
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!