Reset the garmin 405 and now it just keeps beeping
Just got my garmin forerunner. Was charging and noticed that the screen had completly frozen up. Held the two buttons down to reset which it did, but now the screen keeps flashing garmin copy right information and beeping.....can't get it to do anything else
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not sure if this is useful but double check that your charger connection to the Garmin is actually clean. I've had to clean the contacts for both my 405 and my 610 in order to make sure there was a solid electrical connection. Have you tried resetting it?
I had exactly the same problem. i looked through this site and found some advice that said to hold both buttons (quit/enter) for 7-10 seconds, which resets, but apparently doesn't wipe your info - happy days :)
I had a similar problem. After a few attempts I was able to update the firmware to version 2.50. This is what I did:
1. Close the ANT Agent application by right clicking on the icon next to the clock and selecting Exit.
2. Reset the Forerunner 405. Mine was frozen on the LOADER screen. I held both buttons for a few seconds and released them when the rebooting process started.
3. Open the ANT Agent application and then go to the GARMIN webpage to download the update. Make sure you have the latest ANT Agent version.
4. The update process started and ended in about 2 minutes. Then it started again and lasted anothe 9 minutes.
5. The watch reboots with the new firmware version but retains all data amd customs settings.
I have read in some other posts about the unit only working while being plugged into a USB port. My guess is that the battery is in fact shot and the unit will only run off the USB port while plugged in.
Submersing in water is not a good idea. On the back of the unit there are some small holes for the speaker. These speakers corrode from sweat and eventually quit.
Hey everyone. Just called Garmin and got it fixed. Sometimes the forerunner goes into power saver mode and needs to be reset
1. Hook up the usb cable and docking station to the computer.
2. Next, hook up your forerunner to the Docking station - It should pop up saying battery charging in progress
3. Leave it all hooked up and Hold the Mode and Lap/Reset Button together for 15 seconds - screen should go blank.
4. Let both go - should pop back up saying battery charging in progress.
5. Let Charge 20 minutes and it should be good to go.
I had a similar problem, the screen lock while trying to turn GPS on. Tried all butttons and bezel operations, left it charging overnight - no joy. Eventually pressed and held both buttons and after about 30 secs (did not time it but was about that) it restarted.