A. If it's the display language you need to change:
To change the text language:
- Touch the Wrench icon on the screen with the Magnifying Glass, Map and Brief Case icons
- Touch the Lips and Clock icon
- Touch the top bar next to the pencil with the letter A
- Touch the up arrow until you see American English*
- Touch American English
- Touch OK
The device should be in the selected text language.
*Note - If American English is not the language needed, please select the desired language.
B.If you need to change the voice language you need to change the voice:
- Touch the Tool icon
- Touch Locale
- Touch Voice
- Touch the Voice Language you would like to use
- Touch 'Ok'
- Touch and hold the Back button to return to the main "Where To" and "View Map" menu
At this time your device should speak in the language you have set in step 5.
C. It's possible you won't have an english language voice installed. IF not connect the satnav to your computer. Download the latest version of webupdater from http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27
and install it on your computer. After it's installed you will get an option to download new voices. Select an english, american or any a voice from any english speaking country. When it's installed go back to para B and repeat to get an english voice selected.