- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
<span>1.) Consult your manual or contact your router manufacturer for help in logging into your router.<br /><br />2.) Set up an encryption key (WEP is pretty popular). You can consult your manual or the manufacturer for help in this as well as the process differs from router to router.<br /><br />3.) On your devices, input that WEP key when connecting so that you can actually use the thing.<br /><br />4.) Enjoy your own, safe, secure, encrypted wireless network!</span></span>
The encryption key secures your data from unauthorized access.
The router's password is a Passphrase or the WEP or WPA orWPA2 encryption key.
The Passphrase generates the WEP or WPA or WPA2 encryptionkey and this is in the router's wireless settings.
To connect to your wireless router, it needs the router'swireless settings configured ie SSID, WPA or WPA2 encryption key and also thewireless cards in all the laptops and or computers needs to be configured withthese router's wireless settings. Then the laptops and desktop computers cancommunicate with your wireless router.
desktop troubleshooting refers to the repairing of the desktop computer. A desktop computer is composed of CPU, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and other external peripherals such as printers and other devices.
Network troubleshooting refers to the repairing of network trouble that may be in Wired or wireless network. A network in computer terms, refers to a group of computers interconnected to each other via wired connection or wireless.
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage. 2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications. 3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration. 4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply. 5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window. 6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'. 7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'. 8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab. 9. Check the option 'Use Windows to
Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'. 2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'. 3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab. 4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK. 5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'. 6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point. 4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to. 5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button. 6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
let me know if you need any further help.
1. Go to Control Panel>Network Connection>There will show connections by any network (WLAN, LAN, etc.) 2. Did wireless icon on your task bar appear? If yes, it's meant you're working on wireless connection.