I have taped and checked now, cleaned and retaped wires, re installed, plugs are in right now, the push protect comes on just now and again, would it be in the stereo itself now you think or the speakers?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Generally speaking, an amp attempts to protect itself from heat, shorts, overloads and operator exuberance by refusing to turn on or stay on.
Overloads can be from excessive periods of high output or marginally low impedance loading by the speakers; and shorts would be wiring issues or a speaker blowing up.
You should be able to feel if it's hot. WHY is it overheating? Make sure it has sufficient ventilation on all sides and that vent holes are not blocked by dust balls. Ensure the fan (if equipped) is running as designed (some only operate on demand). Clean dust and debris from it.
If the amp comes back on after cooling, you're lucky. They only have so many self-protection cycles in their lives so continuously resetting or cycling their power without addressing the cause can do more harm than good.
If it protects immediately on a cool power up you should disconnect the speaker connections and try it 'naked'. If it comes up then diagnose which lead(s) are shorted. If it does not come up the problem is internal and should be left to an experienced and competent hands-on tech.
Still Problem, Turn Off system and Check the Speaker Code
RESET the system .
Remove all the connections, leave it for 24hours and then connect it up again
Unplug Power Code
Plug it back again
Press Stop , Enter and Power button at Same time
Press Power Button to Turn on it
For more Here is the Guide for your Product Click here Still have Problem The protective device on the amplifier has been activated because of short circuit. (“PROTECT” and “PUSH POWER” flash alternately.) Turn off the unit, eliminate the short-circuit problem and turn on the power again. Hope you Got a Conclusion..Thanks for Contacting FixYa...
Here is the entire troubleshooting section from the manual.
Your problem is presumed to be a shorted speaker wire. I assume you're not getting the failure ONLY at extremely high volume levels.
Care and maintenance
Occasional care and maintenance of the unit and the software
are needed to optimize the performance of your unit.
To clean the cabinet
Use a soft and dry cloth. If the unit surfaces are extremely
dirty, use a soft cloth lightly moistened with mild detergent
solution. Do not use strong solvents such as alcohol, benzine
To clean the tape heads
Dirty tape heads cause sound deterioration. After every 10
hours of use, clean the tape heads with a head cleaning
cassette. Refer to the instructions of the cleaning cassette.
To demagnetize the tape heads
Use a demagnetizing cassette after every 20 to 30 hours of
use. Refer to the instructions of the demagnetizing cassette.
Care of CDs
When a CD becomes dirty, wipe it from the center out with a
cleaning cloth. After playing a CD, store it in its case. Do
not keep it in hot or humid places.
Care of tapes
Store tapes in their cases after use. Do not leave tapes near
magnets, motors, television sets, or any source of
magnetism. Do not expose tapes to direct sunlight, or leave
them in a car parked in direct sunlight.
If your unit fails to perform properly, check the following guide
and the relevant sections of the Operating Instructions. There is no sound. •Are the speakers and AC power cord connected properly? The unit shut off suddenly.
•Possibly a short circuit in the speaker terminals.
Disconnect the AC power cord from the AC power outlet
and re-connect the speaker cords correctly.
The unit blacks out when the unit is turned off.
•Is ECO mode set to on?
•Reset the unit.
Poor radio reception.
•Check antenna connection. Adjust the antenna to find the
•Move unit and antenna away from other electric appliances
The tape does not run.
•Is the deck in pause?
Poor tape sound.
•Check for dirty heads. Clean them if needed.
•Use type I (normal) tapes.
•Is the erasure prevention tab of the tape broken off? If so,
cover the detection slot with adhesive tape.
The CD player works poorly.
•Is the disc correctly loaded?
•Is the disc dirty?
•Is the lens affected by condensation? If so, wait
approximately one hour and try again.
Resetting the unit
If an unusual condition occurs in the display window or the
cassette deck, reset the unit as follows:
1 Press POWER to turn off the power.
If the power cannot be turned off, disconnect the AC power
cord, then plug it in again.
2 Hold down s and press POWER.
Everything stored in memory after purchase is cleared.
It is most likely an amplifier problem. I had this problem before. It went into "Protect" mode and shut down. When I turned it back on, my left channel speakers made a buzzing noise and did the same thing again. I got it diagnosed at an electronics repair shop and they found that the two STK amplifier IC's were bad. One is about $106 and the second one is about $78. I got it fixed for about $200 and works basically like new again.
The word PROTECT appears because there is a short. It can be in your speakers, try running it without the speakers plugged, or look if the wires arent shorting. If it stil ldoes that, its cause there is a short in it, from the output section. The system does that to prevent from damaging the electronic components inside.
Doiuble check your wiresa again for no pinches or shorts, even at the back of the unit. Also try unplugging the unit for 12 to 24 hours. If that does not help, it may be the time to buy a new stereo because that means there is a fault in the output device, unless you kinow someone who can trouble shoot and repair solid state electronics.