Repairman here twice and according to him, all is functioning properly inside dryer....the smell is driving me nuts! All vents are clear. No painting or staining or any household work like that done recently. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My dryer is only 3 years old. Washer is 16 years old and running great! Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you checked the motor? Plenty of lint and dust gets indie it. If you can remove if and use compressed air to blow it out. Also don't overlook the fact all the spade connectors will also collect lots of lint and dust which is quite flammable. Also check the tensioner and guide wheel they get pretty dirty and when they heat up the lint can start buring.
Firstly, you need to stop running your dryer before you do any further damage,
As you haven't specified your brand or model of dryer, I can only give general advice. It's likely that your thermostat has failed in the closed (on) position. The thermostat cuts power to the element when your dryer reaches the correct temperataure.
Most dryers also have a thermal fuse to cut all power to the dryer if they overheat. This functions as a backup safety device and this only usually trips when the thermostat fails. Your dryer is stopping because the thermal fuse is cutting power, but as you can smell burnt plastic, it's likely some damage is being done before the thermal fuse trips.
Stop using the dryer, and check/replace your thermostat.
Please rate this solution if you find it helpful. Thanks!
Hi, Remove the bottom front panel(2-3 screws along the very bottom. . Clean inside... Be really careful around the ignitor they are fragile but take care to make sure there is nothing inside the burner tube. I hope this helps please let me know if you need further assistance.
Can't help thinking that either you don't have the revised operating instructions, or the "Sensor Dry System" is not working properly. Download the revised instructions here [http://lgknowledgebase.com/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=6231 ] and see if this helps. Otherwise have the sensors in the machine tested.
you might have lint drawn into the air intake of the burner .. or air flow could be restricted by a clogged outlet tube .. in both cases you have to get inside the machine and clean it properly .. that should be done every couple of years anyhow .. the passagways inside the machne must be cleaned as well as the 3 or 4 inch hose that goes to the outside .. also make sure the flapper valve on the outside exhaust is free and not clogged by animals, grass or lint ..
I used Bartender's Friend. You can find it at Home Depot. Its best to put it on a sponge, rub it on and let it set for about 5. Then scrub with a steel pot cleaner or copper one. It hard to do since the grid is in the back of the dryer but it came off!! Basically, clean it like you would a burnt pot or pan with the Bartender's Friend.