Question about Kenmore Refrigerators
It is a side by side Kenmore 8 yrs old. I did have a rotten potato in the crisper one month ago and I cleaned it out but I can still smell it a little but taste something like it in the water from door and the ice from ice maker. I just replaced the filter one month ago too.
Take out all shelves and accessories that can be removed. Wash these thoroughly with a mild detergent (dish washing liquid and warm water) and rinse thoroughly. Allow them to air dry completely.
* Wipe the inside walls of the refrigerator and freezer down completely with a solution of 1 quart warm water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Wipe the walls completely dry.
* Leave the doors standing wide open. Use a fan to circulate air through the cabinets for several hours to completely dry the inside walls. After several hours, turn the fan off.
* Replace the shelves in the refrigerator. Place shallow trays of one of the following deodorizers on the shelves of the refrigerator and freezer:
o Baking soda
o Activated carbon (used in aquarium filters, can be obtained at a pet store)
o Cat litter
o Fresh and unused coffee grounds (this may leave a coffee smell that would dissipate after several days)
* After 24 hours, plug in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for several hours with the deodorizer still in place. Once cooled to normal operating temperature, remove the trays of deodorizer and put your food back into the refrigerator and freezer.
* Keep some cereal size bowls of a deodorizer in the freezer and refrigerator cabinets for several days
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2014 | Kenmore Refrigerator & Freezer Model 363
Aug 24, 2011 | Refrigerators
May 09, 2011 | Refrigerators
Jul 12, 2009 | Refrigerators
Jan 19, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Oct 07, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Sep 25, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
May 05, 2007 | GE GSS25JEMWW Side by Side
272 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!