When i run my cmd or and cmd applications system shutdown dialogbox appears which cannot be closed. Is it a virus? How to remove it permanantly ? It can be removed temporarily by running "shutdown -a" command on cmd.
But i want some permanant solution.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are many "processes" that run in order to provide services to the user and the application programs you install. I've seen system with as many as 85-100 processes running with no actual applications open. Occasionally, these processes take extra time to close down if there are other processes preventing them from doing so immediately at shutdown. To avoid corrupting the processes, the OS alerts you, the user to the extra time needed so you don't think there are any problems. You may have the option to force them closed, but unless you are willing to risk a corrupted file, doing so is not wise. Be patient and wait. This is a normal occurrence that will happen from time to time.
1) To check whether your window os is activated or not goto Run -> type slui & the window of activation status will appear.
2) To verify the drivers software is sign up by a valid signature certificate or not just type sigverif in run and follow the wizad (ie press start)
3) Various log windows options functions (Goto run and type the following) :-> i.) shutdown -s (for shutting down of computer) ii.) shutdown -h (for hibernating computer) iii.) shutdown -l (for logging off computer) iv.) shutdown -r (for restarting computer) v.) shutdown -i (gives graphical interfaces) vi.) shutdown -p (shutdown without any interfaces of messages to administrator account) vii.) shutdown -f (shutdown forcefully) viii.) shutdown -s -m\\computername -t 30 f
Chkdsk it is command for harddrive disk checking this command run on command prompt.
This command is used for recover and fix errors on harddrive.
When your computer's harddrive ahs bad sectors or any error it run slow and shutdown or restart suddenely.
You can fix this problem with "chkdsk" go to start menu->command prompt then type ni prompt "chkdsk /r" without "" then it ask for press "y" press "y" then restart computer then when it start it will fix and recover errors on harddrive.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks for using FixYa.
This error occurs when the PC hard disk has error(s) and your using particular software as you have mentioned like partition magic. To solve this problem shut down all your applications and running software. If you are using Windows XP Go to Start>Run>In the run box type cmd A black Window will open its called CLI or Command line interface. In this Window run the following command on the C partition CHKDSK /F if the message appears"Check the system next time the system restarts (Y/N) type "y". then type "d:"to enter D partition. When the D prompt (D:) appears type the same check disk /Fix command which is "CHKDSK /F" and hit enter. Similarly repeat this command for all the partitions. If the this option statement appears "would you like to force dismount on this volume? (Y/N). Select "Y". If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then when you perform the first step which is Start>Run>In the run box type cmd before hitting enter in the start menu look for a small black icon named cmd on the top of the start menu. Right click it and select "Run as Administrator" When the black cmd window opens all the steps after that are the same as described above.
If you dont have the option to run:
"Windows XP Recovery Console"
You probably have to install windows on a second PHYSICAL drive, Disconnect the failing one first!
Reconnect the failing drive in slave mode.
1. Start/Run "cmd.exe"
2. execute "chkdsk /F /R /X D:"
4. Swap drives.
5. Start system (while praying :) )
first on ur laptop. then after 1-2 sec. press F8 4-5 times ....then u will see a menu..on the top , Safe mode will b written.select it & press enter............thenwait a few min..& go to control panel--system restore...choose a restore point ,,reading the instruction & choose the date or time before the installation of that antivirus..