Re: Can't remember BIOS passoword on Toshiba Satellite...
Ok Not fully sure if im right but have you tryed reading the infomation booklet or instructions
or have you tryed going on the website and finding out how to reset it but really your already on this website finding out what to do and reading this right now but have you done that hope the info helped
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) password is not set by default on Toshiba laptops. When set, the BIOS password must be entered every time you turn on your Toshiba or wake your system from Standby mode. If you forget the password, you cannot boot your system. Prevent having to enter a password or the results of forgetting the password by removing the BIOS password from your Toshiba laptop. Other types of passwords can be set, such as a Windows password, to prevent unauthorized access to your machine.
1. Turn off your Toshiba laptop.
2. Wait 30 seconds and turn your laptop back on.
3. Press "F2" repeatedly as soon your Toshiba laptop begins booting until the BIOS menu screen appears.
4. Enter your existing BIOS password and press "Enter."
5. Press "F2" again to enter the BIOS, if prompted.
6. Use your arrow keys to select the "Security" tab in the BIOS menu.
7. Use the arrow keys to select "Set User Password."
8. Press either "F5" or "F6," depending on your Toshiba laptop model, to open the Password section.
9. Enter the current password into the "Old Password" prompt and press "Enter."
10. Press "Enter" when the "New Password" prompt appears. Do not enter any text in this box.
11. Press "Enter" again to confirm the new password.
Sounds like the HDD password or Bios password got set.
You may need to talk to the person who set that password to be able to finish booting up the computer.
If that person is not available - you can call the Toshiba 1-800-457-7777. They may want to charge you for the over the phone support - but they should be able to walk you through how to get around the Bios or Hdd password if that is indeed your problem.