Question about HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I just bought a 7210 off Ebay for 99 pence (ex £14 delivery) within the
description was "Carriage Jam" message so I knew it was faulty. 20 mins
of Googling and a 5 minute clean has it up and running.
It did not involve loosening a single screw.
Okay, here's what I did...
- Switch on the printer.
- Open the print cartridge lid.
- Pull the plug from the back of the machine to avoid risk of electric shock.
- Using a light cleaning solution on a lint-free cloth, carefully VERY CAREFULLY, wipe the position strip (on both sides, front and back), then dry it with a dry lint-free cloth. Now move the cartridge carriage to the left and clean and dry the remaining half of the position strip. If you bend this position strip, your printer is knackered.
- Gently move the carriage back to the right.
- Holding down the OK and CANCEL buttons, plug in the power lead to the back of the printer and press the POWER button.
- Wait until the message DERIV CLEAR ('Deriv' is right - I'm not sure about 'clear' now) appears then release the OK and CANCEL buttons.
- The printer should thrash about a little, the carriage will move back and forth and then it should tell you the cartridges need changing and you follow the instructions, pressing OK or selecting the language options.
- It will print an alignment page and then you should be good to go.
I am a comms technician, I poke, I tweak. I don't give up.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 17, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 15, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 20, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 07, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 18, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 01, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 13, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 28, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
246 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!