My buttons on my 2005 honda accord 4 cylinder car wont work
When i press any of my buttons on the key nothing happens when i press the lock button it doesnt lock when i press the unlock buttton it doesnt unlock when i press the trunk button the trunk wont open and even the panic button doesnt work anymore I dont whats going on
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like you may have a smart key with a transponder. The car will crank with a differant key but will not start because fuel and spark are dissabled. A new key is required and it must be coded to the vehicle by the deaker or a professional with the appropriate software. Then then a copy of the key is usually placed in a 555 box that is located close to the ignition switch so the transponder will still work. So basically you will need two keys made and coded.
Please note carefully that you must have one working remote before carrying out the following procedure. If you do not have the working remote then you have to consult the locksmith to reprogram the one with the help of a suitable key programmer.
1. Press LOCK button 5 times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize remote.
2. Insert key into the ignition switch. Turn ignition to the RUN position (as far as you can
go without cranking engine). Wait for ignition chimes to stop.3. Using the working remote, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the remote for 4 to 10
4. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the UNLOCK button and then
press the PANIC button ( on the programmed remote ) for 1 second and release both
buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote programming mode has been
entered ( allow 3 seconds for chime to sound ).
5. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons
simultaneously then press and release just the UNLOCK button on the same remote.
A chime will sound indicating the remote has been programmed. Press and release
the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously and then press the UNLOCK button on
each new remote you wish to program at this time. A chime will sound afer each
additional remote is programmed.
6. Turn the ignition OFF and remove key.
7. Test Remotes.
May depend how it was programmed. My Python 476P was setup with Lock and Unlock pressed to get it to remote start. Then, get in the vehicle, put the key in the "on" position and press lock / unlock to get it to end the remote start cycle. Then Drive off ...
I got a second remote, followed some directions via YouTube to program. Key in the on position, then hit the valet button once, then press and hold. One chirp, hit lock on remote. Let go of valet button . Press, then press and hold, two chirps. Hit unlock. Continue for 3 (aux) and 4 (panic). End result was Lock would also unlock. Unlock did nothing. And Aux started the remote start sequence.
Having bought a vehicle used, then no manual made this a bit difficult. I will continue to test alternate programming to try to match the original remote so accidentally firing up the rig doesn't happen. My suspicion is I have to maybe do Lock, Aux, Lock/Unlock, panic instead. Good luck.
Timed start. The timed start mode is activated by pressing the lock and unlock button simutaneously. The timed start mode is canceled by starting the car with the key or pressing the brake pedal while the remote starter is activated.
You could try reprogramming the remote: ignition on, press and release programming switch 3 times, you will hear one chirp( channel 1),press the lock button, press and release the switch 1 time ( two chirps, channel 2), press the unlock button, press and release switch 1 time ( three chirps) press green remote start button,press and release switch 1 time ( 4 chirps) press option button. Turn ignition off. test. If this doesn't work, try disconnecting the unit's power for about ten seconds, then reconnect and test.
I am a technition for mazda, and if the lights are coming on to the keyfobs, the batteries are fine. What procedure did you follow?
1. Take key out of ignition
2. Shut all doors
3. Open drivers door
4. Insert key to ignition
5. Cycle between On & Lock 3 times, leaving key in Lock
6. Close and open the drivers door 3 times, leaving the door open
7. The Locks should cycle.
8. Press the Panic button on the remote twice.
KEYLESS ENTRY PROGRAMMING
Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand.
Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/trunk are closed during programming.
Only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all remotes must be programmed during the same session.
Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/trunk tightly closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by "II" on the ignition bezel so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the "Lock" button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the button.
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by "I" on the ignition bezel - dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) - each step must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to "ON", press the lock button on one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5 seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be programmed.
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will "pop".