I have 3 panasonic units 1 Plasma TV and 2 DVD Recorders and the remotes turn each other off when I dont want them to. I changed the remote control code on my new DMR-EX88 unit to DVD 3 and now I cannot get it to work. I tried to reset the unit as per instructions and get to the screen to select my state and cannot go any further. I cannot change or select anything straight from the unit and the remote wont work so I cannot get any further. Can you suggest another way to reset the DVD code back to no 1 or reset the remote somehow.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It seems the best way to "remove code set" is to overwrite it with a different code set.
(From the Owner's manual for the Panasonic DMP-BD45)
STEP 6 :
Reprogramming the remote control
Change "Remote Control Code" (-> 28) on the main unit and
the remote control (the two must match) if you place other
Panasonic products close together and it responds to this
You can operate the TV or amplifier/receiver using the unit's
1 For televisions
Input the code (-> 37) with the numbered
buttons while pressing [? TV POWER].
Input the code (->37) with the numbered
buttons while pressing
[RECEIVER j VOL].
e.g., 0001:  ->  -> -> 
2 Test by turning on the television or
adjusting the volume of the amplifier/
need replaced A-BOARD
After the installation of a new A board, unit has the characters "CHK" on screen. The usual reset procedures of [VOL -] and [MENU] or [OK] or [SLEEP] will not get rid of "CHK".
1. Enter the service mode by holding down the [VOL -] button on the TV (main unit) and simultaneously pressing the [INFO] button on the remote control three times. 2. Press the number  key on the remote to highlight [SRV-TOOL]. 3. Press the [OK] button on the remote control to select [SRV-TOOL]. 4. Use the [DOWN ARROW] on the remote control to scroll down to [PCTC]. 5. Use the [RIGHT ARROW] button on the remote to open the box to the right, then press and hold down the [MUTE] button on remote to display Time/Count. 6. Press and hold the [RETURN] button on the remote control until the TV turns off. 7. Immediately press and hold down the [VOL -] button on the TV (main unit) and the [MENU] button on the remote. The TV should come up in the Self Check mode. 8. Remove AC power.
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Video/DVD-Recorders-Players/DVD-Recorders/model.DMR-EZ47VK http://www.retrevo.com/support/Panasonic-DMR-EZ47-DVD-Players-manual/id/2811ag420/t/2/ To get into Service Mode, first put the machine in STANDBY mode, then press the buttons ChUp OPEN/CLOSE and REC all at the same time on the front panel (Ch Up is hidden inside the AV3 input flap). Eventually the front panel display will show "SERV" (after its "HELLO" messages). Anyway, pressing  then  on the Remote Control tells me that I have an Error Code of "04" which is a Digital PCB or Communication Error (whereas an Error code of "02" means a "Defect of RAM drive"). (To exit from Service Mode, press  then  which should get you back to "SERV" and then POWER-OFF the machine). Hopefully, your manual will display your error codes.
Perhaps the remote control is not set to the same control code as your DMR-ES40V. Codes may be set to 1, 2, or 3 on the remote by holding down the enter button and one of those number buttons for several seconds at the same time. The factory default is code 1. Try 1 first. If that doesn't work try 2. If that doesn't work try 3. If one of those codes doesn't work you may have a bad remote or a bad sensor on your machine. On DMR-ES35V models the sensor is located just to the right of center behind the black window
Automatic Programming 1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control. 2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control (TV, VCR, SAT, DVD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. The remote control is in programming mode. 3. Press POWER button on remote and release . The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power scan mode. 4. Press CHANNEL+ or CHANNEL- repeatedly until the device turns on. 5. When the device turns on, press ok to store the code.
1. Press the Menu button on your remote control 2. Press the 5 button on your remote control 3. Press the 7 button on your remote control 4. Press the 5 button on your remote control 5. Press the 3 button on your remote control 6. Press the 8 button on your remote control 7. The currently selected region will be indicated on the TV. 8. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2 button for region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region playback 9. Press the Menu button on your remote control 10. Press the Menu button on your remote control
Tested with Region 1 DVD's on my UK player (Region 2 bought from Comet)