I have a ZE1210 laptop and I just got it I thought the battery was just fried and so I bought a new battery. I thought that was fix the problem the new battery has a meter on the side of it and the new battery is fully charged but when I take it off the AC power the computer shuts off. I don't understand this problem?????
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The power on the main board may be fried or you just aren't really charged. Check your ac adapter chord these can go and not charge anything replace ac chord and battery and if that isn't working it's probably your motherboard and then it's new laptop time!! Exciting isn't it.
Could be a fried battery, could be overheating. Without knowing more about the laptop, I am going assume it's old and go with battery is fried. Batteries in laptops are generally ni-cadmium and suffer memory loss. Tis means when your laptop is like 2 years old it won't hold a charge the way it used too. Buy a generic battery online for about 30GBP, or leave the battery out, and charging cable in. If you get a new battery, once it's at 100%, don't use laptop and keep charger in, that's one way of damaging the battery.
li-Ion batteries have a bad habit: whenever fully depleted, they lose a few cells, to the extent that they might not be able to hold a full charge if enough cells are damaged. In other words, repeatedly using a laptop (or any other Li-Ion powered device) to battery depletion can shorten the battery's life significantly. You might want to keep the batteries fully charged whenever possible and avoid fully depleting them too often. There is also the habit of "re-setting" the batteries by using the "fully deplete-fully charge" procedure. It only applies to niMH or NiCD batteries ( and is used to erase the "memory effect" ) but is damaging to Li-Ion batteries for the reason mentioned above. so if your battery can not full charge,this mean you need change a new battery for your laptop http://www.aulaptopbattery.com.au
Maybe the AC Adapter Power Cord is not working. If you can't get on the laptop with the power cord then it is bad and the battery might be drained so you have no power source to power up the laptop. If the laptop works only off the Power Cord and the batteryis not charging, then the battery is dead.
To check to make sure the Power Cord is working remove the battery and let thelatop run for 10 minutes or so.
To check to see if the battery has any charge left in it put the battery in andremove the power cord. If it won't boot or shuts down then the battery is deadand needs to be replaced if the power cord is ok.
Let the battery completely discharge all they way and let it sit for a day or so. Some times when a battery is new most user do not let it fully charge and then completely drain this causes problems for long use batteries. Then give it a try. It also sounds like your plug your cord that connects to the battery may be faulty. Did you by a different cord with the battery? Or use the one from your old one? If you did. This is a "No No" always buy the cord that come for those battery since they are rated for the particular battery.
Sounds to me like the transformer circuit that enables the batery to charge. If you have bought your machine within the last 12 months it should still be covered by warranty so go back to the supplier. If not covered I wouod still try as it is not beyond reasonable expecations that the machine will operate perfectly in very way for more than 1 year.
How long does it stay on for? I had a similar problem. Mine would stay on for 10min then shut down. It ended up being an excessive build-up of dust around the cooling fan. If your problem is similar its worth taking a look at. Good luck, Todd
you simply fried your battery by overcharging it. Just get a new one, let it fully charge and fully die twice before you start normal charging. Then you will want to only charge it for about 2 to 3 hours or find a charger that has a smart chip that tells it when to stop charging once the battery is full.