I have comcast cable modem and need to figure out how to get my wireless-g broadband router with speedbooster... i did what it said but still not connecting..do i need to know anything with my ip number or my modem numbers..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Anyway, you might have some luck calling Comcast and asking them for a higher-bandwidth service, but really if you're connecting to your router over a wireless channel that will be your bottleneck since the 802.11g standard for wireless networking supports a maximum bandwidth of 54 Megabits per second (Mbps).
Unplugging the wireless router and connecting it again should not have altered the wireless connection/configuration. You have connected the cables correctly because the Internet works when you connect a LAN cable to the router.
The Linksys wireless configuration or the wireless card configuration in the computer was changed it to lose the wireless connection. The wireless card configuration needs to be changed to match the wireless router's settings or change the Linksys with new configuration settings and configure the wireless card accordingly.
To secure your router with a login password and wireless security, please follow my instructions - click on this link :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3559128-wireless_router_security
Should you need further assistance, please leave me a comment.
First try connection the Yellow ethernet cable from the rca modem to your computer's network connection. If you get a connection this way, then your modem will work with a ethernet cable. If not, then call Comcast for help. The modem ethernet out to computer port must be connected to the wan line of the router. Then you can connect an ethernet cable from your computer network connection to one of the 4 ports of the router. For wireless connections you must set up the router and wireless adaptor with the same settings to connect. Follow the routers directions.
Hi Susie With related to your particular issue it seems like that your broadband modem is not configured for the router. There are basically 2 types of connection. DSL and Cable modem. Verizon, ATT are DSL and comcast other providers give you a normal cable broadband connection. If its comcast make sure the cable from the comcast modem is going to the internet port in the linksys router and also make sure that there is a system connection the linksys router and the cable from the system goes to any of LAN 1, 2, 3 and 4 ports. Then reset your cable modem by using a pin and inserting to the reset hole in the modem. You could use the same step to reset your linksys router as well .If its a verizon or dsl connection you need to put normally your username and password in the router page. here is the link to how to configure linksys for your internet modem. Here is a video as well on it? http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=vSAXMO7aNzg http://tinyurl.com/5tqqhl
Also post the linksys router model. your ISP modem model number and also information on how many systems are wired to the router and wireless and let me know if you need more help.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
Its almost impossible to connect a 2wire DSL router with a Cable modem. They dont go hand in hand.
Although you can connect the outgoing ethernet wire from the modem in the last ethernet plug on the back of the router and then have the ethernet connections coming from the router. But not wireless. and if you find a way, contact me at email@example.com