Obi cam wont work in messenger
If you see a black screen when broadcasting your webcam:
There may not be enough light in the room. If so, illuminate the room appropriately.
Your camera may not be functioning properly. Try your camera with the manufacturer's software.
The correct camera may not be selected by Yahoo! Messenger. To change your camera source:
1. Click the "Messenger" menu in Yahoo! Messenger and select "Start My Webcam."
2. Click the "Messenger" menu in Yahoo! Messenger and select "Preferences."
3. Click the "Webcam" category.
4. Click the "Camera Source" button.
5. Click the pull-down menu and select the desired camera.
6. Click the "OK" button.
If you see a black screen when viewing a friend's webcam:
Check the status message at the bottom of your viewer window. If it says "Stopped," the person broadcasting has stopped broadcasting images. Ask the person to resume broadcasting and try viewing again.
If the person is in fact broadcasting and you still see a black screen in your viewer, ask them to check their camera and take the webcam compatibility test.
Oct 10, 2008 |
Acer Aspire 5630 Notebook