Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router (WPN824NAR)
The model of my router is a netgear WPN824 v2 router. on the first day i set it up it worked fine on my pc and playstation 3 both on a wired connection. (I only use wired.) The next day it works fine on my pc but not my ps3. On my ps3 it says DNS error usually when i test the connection. I have tried logging in my ps3 over wireless but i get the same message. One thing that i noticed is on the back of my ps3 where the Ethernet wire is connected there is a green light once the Ethernet wire is connected. I noticed that when the internet is working and i can successfully play online the green light is rapidly blinking. Currently it either stays solid green or blinks about 3 times every 4 seconds. I have reinstalled the router twice to my computer and it always ends up working fine for my pc but not always for my playstation 3. I also checked my connects and the wires are in the Ethernet slots correctly. Oddly enough, i am sometimes able to use the ps3 internet browser but not successfully login, but i get a error message saying DNS error. Would i have to open ports on my router?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: lost setup DC
The router is compatible with any operating system. You don't need to use the CD that came with it to setup the internet connection. Just open the router's setup page by typing http://192.168.2.1 on your browser. There you can see the automatic setup.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
please follow some which can solved you issue
1. Make sure router is connected to power supply and is on while you perform the task below. At the rear panel of the router, near the antenna, there is a very small round pinhole that contains the reset button.
2. Using a pen/pencil/paper clip, hold the reset button for 60 sec. so that the test light starts flashing.
3. After few seconds when the test light stops flashing. Turn off the router and turn it back on after a couple of minutes.
(still issue not resolve then )
upgrade firmware on router
link for latest firmware
A. Open the router page using the following way:
1. Connect a computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
2. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
3. Access the router, usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
4. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
5 Under Maintenance, click router Upgrade.
6 Click Browse and locate the upgrade file.
7 Click Upload.
8 Wait for the router to reboot.
9 Click on 'Logout' (at the bottom of the list) from left menu.
7. Reset and reconfigure the router.
Posted on Mar 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Apr 25, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Apr 02, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Mar 16, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jan 12, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jan 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
641 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: