I have a toshiba laptop 32 bit with norton 360. My Aol has started to have problems. Originally, I had 9.1 and it worked perfectly. Within the last month ,when I sign on to aol, I no longer have a buddy list , the sign off and switch user tab is gone and my toolbar carousel also disappeared as well. Some of the items left on the toolbar are blank or dark when they are clicked and the drop-down windows are displayed.
Aol has moved on but didn't bother to tell you (that's okay they didn't tell me either). it appears 9.1 is no longer supported (i spent days trying to recover mails - they just disappeared one day last week). i finally found that they are now at 10.1 - download it and you should be good to go.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do you mean that you want the video drivers for your laptop? Go to the Toshiba website, click Support (or maybe Downloads), find the list for Satellite C855-S5132NR and the video drivers should be posted there for free download.
To run windows 7 you need ...1 GHz CPU (
processor) or faster ..for 32 bit ..and for windows 7 x64 you need a x64 processor.1 GB RAM for windows 7 x322 GB RAM for Windows 7 x64DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver and 20 GB disk space.
Have you tried to review the systems requirements for Windows 7? In case you don't, try to review this system requirements and see if your PC falls in. If not, then its the primary cause of the "lag" computer.
If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Oh..that one is hard to do specially to novice. I would suggest not to do it. It would be hard for you to dismantle your laptop bit by bit and it is very risky. You might it end up damaging your laptop. Take it to a qualified technician to get it done. okay..:-)
Uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel 2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs 3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable) My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable) My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only) My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail) Search Assistant - My Way
DOWNLOAD HIREN BOOT CD, WRITE IT TO CD THEN BOOT FROM IT
Includes HDD Diagnostics for these companies
Hard Disk Tools:
- Hard Disk Diagnostic Utilities
- Seagate Seatools Desktop Edition 3.02
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG) 5.04f
- Maxtor PowerMax 4.23
- Maxtor amset utility 4.0
- Maxtor(or any Hdd) Low Level Formatter 1.1
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool 6.61
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format 1.0
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL) 2.02
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG) 1.28
- IBM/Hitachi Drive Fitness Test 4.08
- IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool 2.03
- Gateway GwScan 3.15
- ExcelStor's ESTest 3.80
- MHDD 4.6
- WDClear 1.30
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic 2.00b
- SeaTools for Dos 1.08
- HDD Regenerator 1.51 - to recover a bad hard drive
- Ontrack Disk Manager 9.57 - Disk Test/Format/Maintenance tool.
- Norton Disk Doctor 2002 - a tool to repair a damaged disk, or to diagnose your hard drive.
- Norton Disk Editor 2002 - a powerful disk editing, manual data recovery tool.
- Active Kill Disk 3.1 - Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive.
- HDAT2 4.5.2 - main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for devices
- SmartUDM 2.00 - Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer.
- Victoria 3.33 - a freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics
Hope this helps
If you are having trouble with Newly bought items save your self from headaches by returning them and demand a replacement or a refund! You may have purchased a reconditioned\repaired\factory defect product.