Question about Sony RDR-VX555
While changing Command Mode settings in the Options section, I Made the misstake of switching to DVD 1 from the default setting of DVD 3. Now the only funtions on the remote that work are the channel up & down and the volume buttons. I tried to reset the recorder by holding the on/off key down dor 10 sec. until the display stated Sony DVD, this didn't reset the machine, Note: every time I press the system menu button, DVD 1 is visible in the display and nothing else happens. How do I get DVD 3 back as the default in the Command Mode?
Had the same problem when I changed the factory settings by mistake. There is no "cancel" button in the remote or the set. What worked for me was to follow the directions on P. 22 of the manual and change the remote settings to DVD 1. This is done by holding the "Enter" button and pressing number 1 on the keypad simultaneously for more than 5 seconds. Then, you go back to the "Settings" screen with the "Settings" button, change the control back to DVD 3, and reverse the setting in the remote by pressing "Enter" and the number 3 this time. Remember to hold them down more than 5 seconds. Good luck!
Posted on Sep 04, 2007
These didn't work for me... what did work was:
On the REMOTE: Hold "ENTER" and "2" (Because I had got stuck in DVD 2) until the display on the machine changed...
Then let go of the buttons and hit the "SYSTEM MENU" button...
AND ALL YOUR TROUBLES WILL BE OVER...
(PS: if you got stuck in DVD 1 (like the guy above) I imagine you hold 'ENTER' and "1")
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
Solution 5 worked for me except that after going to the System Menu I pressed ~ Setup~Options and changed the Command Mode back to Mode 3. This locked the remote from exiting, but turning off the power and restarting restored the ability to show the System Menu. I then used the System Menu to Restore factory settings and all functions returned to normal in Command Mode 3.
Posted on Mar 22, 2008
Problem was the same with me. Changed batteries and lost communication with DVD/VCR player. When I hit any button the play showed DVD 1. The solution for me was press and hold enter and 1 key simultaneously, then I pressed menu system. I reset the date, then exit, then the remote worked as before. Thanks for the post - amazing Internet.
Posted on Aug 25, 2010
I found the easiest way of all.
Look at your remote......at the bottom of the remote on the front side their is a panel that slides down.
Just push it in and slide it down.
There is a button that slides between DVD 1 2 3 .
Slide the switch to the one your stuck on and BAAM.
You're back in business.
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
You have to hold the number that coincides with the mode it is currently in down: DVD1= 1 DVD2= 2 DVD3= 3; but most of us are caught in DVD1-no mans land.
Hold down 1 and enter at the same time for 5 seconds (I couldn't get the System menu to pop up) so after the 5 seconds I pressed the power button and it worked. Everything is back to normal now.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
By removing the batteries in the remote, I was able to reset.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
Holding the enter button and the 1 until it changed then holding the enter button and the 3 until it changed worked for me, now the remote works again.
Posted on Oct 02, 2007
Try pressing the cancel button and holding it down for 5 seconds (this resets the factory settings)
Posted on Aug 26, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
5. Temperature Adjustment
Extended Hold (Vacation) Mode
1. Press the HOLD button to bypass the program schedule. The current set point temperature will be held either permanently or for 24 hours, depending on the setting selection made in section 4.
2. Press the HOLD button again to return the thermostat to the normal program operation.
3. The hold period will last until the hold is released as in step number 2 above, or is limited to 24 ours if the default was changed in the User Options Settings (see section 4).
4.Programming User Settings
Setting the Extended Hold Time (see also section 6)
The default setting is Long (indefinite) Hold. If the HOLD feature is activated, the current set point will be held until HOLD is released.
1. In normal operating mode, press and hold the RETURN button for 4 seconds. Press RETURN again to skip past differential setting. The display will show "HOLD LG", where LG is indefinite hold.
2. Press the or button to change the Extended Hold time from indefinite (LG) to 24 hours (SH).
3. Press the RETURN button again to set the Filter Check Monitor or wait 30 seconds for the thermostat to return to the normal mode.
6.Additional Operation Features
Resetting the Thermostat
The Reset feature allows the user to completely reset the thermostat to register new manual switch settings.
1. To erase all entered programs, current time of day, day of week and other user settings, gently press the RESET button using a paper clip or a small pencil tip.
2. This will return all thermostat settings to their default values and register all new manual switch settings for proper operation (incl. Extended Hold = Indefinite).
Dec 28, 2014 | Proselect PSTS21P52 Programmable 2 Stage...
Feb 01, 2011 | Sony RDR-VX560 DVD Recorder/VCR
Dec 21, 2010 | Sony RDR-VX530 DVD Recorder/VCR
Jul 28, 2009 | Sony Televison & Video
Jan 30, 2009 | Sony RDR-GX3 DVD Recorder
May 02, 2008 | Televison & Video
Feb 25, 2008 | Sony RDR-VX530 DVD Recorder/VCR
1,843 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: