- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Typically, there are no fuses inside these devices. You'd think that there should be - but it's not the case. Most of the time, power supply units (PSU) begin to overheat and ever so slowly die. Replacement PSU have dropped in price - like everything else. Your best bet is to replace it and maintain it from here on in to ensure a long life.
PSU's overheat and fail because of dust. Lots of it. The fan inside blows air into the PSU case to help keep the component cool. Unfortunately, dust gets blown in at the same time - and slowly builds up on all surfaces and components. The dust build up acts as a thermal insulator that prevents the air from removing the heat. A PC on the floor will have a great deal more dust build up inside than if it were on a desk top. Oh, and the fans in the PC (not just the PSU) blow dust all over the motherboard components and expansion cards inside it, too. The most expensive components are the CPU and video card(s).
Move the PC to the desk and regularly clean the components that have fans on or near them ideally with a vacuum or if unable to vacuum - blow out with compressed air to keep them running reliably.
Do not try to fix this power supply. Better to replace with new or good used. I see many on ebay from 13.50 to 25.00. Also google that model for other options. Most likely fuse on the power supply has failed but if you bypass the fuse, with jumper wire or another fuse, will blow again. Probably capacitors. Good luck
Did you check the battery on the motherboard? The battery should read 3.3 volts with a volt meter. If you don't have a meter you can try swapping the battery from another motherboard. Or have the battery checked at a Radio Shack store. Also if you still have the Seasonic try hooking it back uo temporally outside the case to check if it is a power supply issue. If the old power supply failed while being connected to this motherboard it could have damaged it. Thanks for using FixYa
Power inverters can do this if they are internally shorted or they are being over loaded. If you are just using it to charge a phone or a computer it should not be over loaded. Now if you are charging a computer and running a small cooler at the same time, that may be real close to max which may blow a fuse. Have you tried hooking it straight to the battery to see if it will run what ever you are running. It has it's own fuse so if it has an internal short it will blow that fuse. It if works hooked to the battery and is just blowing the cig lighter or acc. fuse it can be a weak socket. If the socket is hot it may have a loose wire on the back side causing low voltage which can blow a fuse. So hook it to the battery direct, if it works ok there, reconnect it to your acc port and if it is getting hot it may be the weak socket. If it will not run hooked to the battery, it has an internal short and it would be better to buy new than try and fix. Sorry.
yes right there is a short circuit in power supply if you are non technical then replace the power supply if you are technical then open the power supply and check the 4diodes of bridge if faulty replace it again check transistor attatched to heat sink if faulty repalce it
it has been through an overload (hence the protection light) and needs its breaker to be reset (look for a poped out button and push it back in) or it needs a new fuse (replace ONLY WITH THE EXACT SAME MODEL OF FUSE or it will either blow too early or too late (or not at all) when there is a surge.
If your main power is 220Vac and it is set in 115Vac. It could be you actually fried your power supply.
Here is the reason, in common power supply after the rectifier diode when it is set in 115Vac, its circuit acts as a voltage doubler, its mean in its downsteams it actually uses around 220Vdc. And when you uses it in 220Vac it will connect directly as a rectifier.
When you set it in 115Vac and plug in 220Vac. In its downstream it could be in 440Vdc, then its an overvoltage everything that can't compensate will be damaged.