Question about Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
How do you conect the motherboard to the case?
Most cases have holes in the case where the motherboard mounts. The old one may have some that will unscrew from the case to put in the new one. You will have to line the mounts up with the holes in the motherboard for the screws to go into. Some new cases come with the mounts already installed and some don't. Most motherboards are screwed in with 4-8 screws. Hope this helps.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove power and unplug all devices hooked to computer.
2. Open case.
3. Write down the location and orientation of all wires connecting to old motherboard.
4. Disconnect all wires from the case that are plugged into old motherboard.
5. Uncrew the screws holding the motherboard in the case.
6. Carefully remove old motherboard.
7. Install new motherboard and secure it to the case (probably using the same screws as the old MB)
8. Refer to diagram you made earlier to plug in all the wires to the proper places in the new motherboard.
9. Check and make sure the new motherboard works before closing the case.
10. If everything is working correctly, close up the case and you are done.
Nov 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2013 | ASUS P4S533-VM (P4S533-VM/L) Motherboard
Feb 26, 2010 | HP Compaq Motherboard
Jan 07, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Nov 25, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jan 15, 2009 | Intel D945GNT Motherboard
Dec 10, 2008 | ASUS M2N-E SLI (M2N-E SLI GREEN)...
Jun 14, 2008 | Compaq Presario 5240 (353200-003) PC...
Apr 27, 2008 | HP D9840-69007 - System Board Motherboard
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!