An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Dell Inspiron 6000 Wifi?
Look on the keyboard and see if it has a key with a symbol for a wireless device. If it does, click it with the FN (function) to enable or disable it. You can also see if there is a switch on the front or sides of the laptop for a wireless device. Finally, go to start>control panel>system. Access the device manager. Click the plus next to network devices and see if any wireless devices are listed.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 2 ways of which you can enable the wifi on your dell inspiron 1525:
1) Make sure the wifi catcher on the side is set to the "on" position, this can be achieved by sliding the little switch, so the line in the middle of the switch is aligned with the ' (a line) sign.
2) The next thing that you need to do is ensure that the wifi is enabled you can enable wifi by pressing "FN" (the key on the keyboard) and F2. N.B. This will only work if you have Dell quickset installed. An alternative way of doing this is by going to start > control panel > network connections, find the wifi adapter > right click > enable.
Hope this has helped slightly, add more info if it hasn't
Thanks for reading and good luck with your problem. Good day
Hi, I think from you question your Wifi is TURNED OFF.if it is a Toshiba there is a switch on the front edge.if its a Dell there is a switch by the start button.Check to see that YOUR Wifi is turned on and active. Take care
The WI-Fi LED is a sign that its Enabled or ON. The LED light on the side of the switch is called the Wi-Fi Catcher.The light operates as follows: Flashing blue: Searching for networks Solid blue: Strong network found Solid yellow: Weak network found Off: No signal found
Please comment if the information has been helpful. Thank you and regards.
make sure that your wireless or wifi light is on,you may try to press Fn and F2 at the same time to enable or swith on wireless..if wifi is already on,try going to start >> control panel >> network connections,go to wireless network connection and double click it, it will give you a list of wireless network,or right click and then "view available wireless network", if you get an error that windows cannot configure wireless connection,go to start >> all programs >> loo for either dell wlan utility or intel pro wireless, by opening that app,it will also search for wireless network in range,just double click on the network name where you want to connect and you sould be connected provided that "wireless network" doesnt have encryption like wpa or wep key..if your connecting to your home network,you should have wireless router at home and wireless is enabled on the router.