Question about Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
So basically you cannot get the pc to POST. Meaning you have just a black screen when you power on the pc, right?
First off, did you attempt to update BIOS before this happened. 90% of the time this is caused by a corrupt bios.
If you did not try to update BIOS before the problem started then try these troubleshooting steps.
1. Full power down. Unplug the power cord from the Power supply. Then hold down the pc power button.
Try to boot the pc.
2. Open the case and reseat the graphics card, hard drive, and RAM.
3. Take out one of the RAM sticks if there is 2 or more. Swap the RAM sticks in different RAM slots.
4. Set the Cmos jumper to clear. Power up the pc. Power down the PC. Set the Cmos jumper back to normal position, power up the PC.
5. Unplug and replug all the power supply cables.
6. Check the powersupply function. Either by a powersupply voltage checker, put the powersupply in a different pc, or try a different powersupply in the problem computer.
Ok try all this first...
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2014 | Powerspec G213 Desktop Computer; Intel...
Oct 02, 2012 | Intel DG41RQ Motherboard CPU Bundle - ...
Mar 23, 2012 | Intel DG35EC Motherboard
Jan 12, 2011 | Aspire Acer 7520-5071 Notebook
Elitegroup Computer Systems is known for their array of products
from desktop computers to graphics cards and motherboards. At hand today we have
their NF650iSLIT-A motherboard, which is powered by NVIDIA's nForce 650i Chipset
and caters toward the computer enthusiast crowd, but can it really deliver?
· LGA-775 Socket for Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium 4, Pentium D processors
· FSB 1333 (OC), 800, 667, 533MHz
· Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
· NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI
· NVIDIA C55 + NVIDIA MCP51
· Dual-channel DDR2 memory
· 4 x 240-pin DDR2 DIMM
· Supports DDR2-800/667/533MHz
· Realtek ALC883
· Marvell 88E1116 Gigabit
· Award BIOS with 4Mb Flash ROM
Hope it will help you.
Jan 07, 2011 | EliteGroup NF650iSLIT-A (V1.0) Motherboard
Dec 23, 2010 | Intel DG31PR Motherboard
Sep 19, 2010 | MSI P7N Diamond Core 2 Quad/ Nforce 780i...
Jun 13, 2010 | Intel D865GBF Motherboard
Jan 30, 2010 | Acer Aspire E360 PC Desktop
Feb 04, 2009 | ASUS NVIDIA nForce Chipset A7N266-VM...
Apr 18, 2014 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!