Question about Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
So basically you cannot get the pc to POST. Meaning you have just a black screen when you power on the pc, right?
First off, did you attempt to update BIOS before this happened. 90% of the time this is caused by a corrupt bios.
If you did not try to update BIOS before the problem started then try these troubleshooting steps.
1. Full power down. Unplug the power cord from the Power supply. Then hold down the pc power button.
Try to boot the pc.
2. Open the case and reseat the graphics card, hard drive, and RAM.
3. Take out one of the RAM sticks if there is 2 or more. Swap the RAM sticks in different RAM slots.
4. Set the Cmos jumper to clear. Power up the pc. Power down the PC. Set the Cmos jumper back to normal position, power up the PC.
5. Unplug and replug all the power supply cables.
6. Check the powersupply function. Either by a powersupply voltage checker, put the powersupply in a different pc, or try a different powersupply in the problem computer.
Ok try all this first...
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2013 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jul 24, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 22, 2011 | HP Pavilion a775c (A775CB) PC Desktop
Dec 21, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGC-RA930G (R05SP1DTA) PC...
Oct 24, 2010 | Dell GX270 P4 256/40/48X/XPP/NONE...
Feb 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 30, 2010 | Acer Aspire E360 PC Desktop
Sep 20, 2009 | Dell Inspiron Desktop-Intel Pentium...
Apr 18, 2014 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!