Re: my aspiire 6930 wireless touch on/off isn't working
You mention the battery being taken out by they guy in the shop and then the laptop working. I don't know if it's anything to do with your problem but the batteries can cause all kinds of problems when they go wrong ( they have programmed IC circuitry which can interfere with functioning of laptop). Taking the battery out and plugging into the mains would prove this. It seems that you may have tried this already though.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go into your BIOS on the laptop when you first turn it on. Go in there and see if there is a setting for the touchpad. If there is then go ahead and make sure its enabled. If there isn't then you'll need to take apart the laptop and reseat the connector that goes from the touchpad to the motherboard.
If that doesn't do it then you'll need to get the touchpad replaced.
Most Acers use a form of Intel IPN2220 Wireless card. If yours does, you use XP and your router is using WPA or WPA2 (TKIP or AES) security then you'll need to update the driver by searching for it manually using the Custom button (Hardware) in Windows update (instead of Express). This driver is not part of XP service pack 2 or 3. Like me you've fallen foul of thinking that keeping your computer up to date using Automated Windows Update will keep everything in good order when in fact it can generate more problems than it solves
Hi acording your describle, you need do
1) please check the bios first, to set wireless to enable
2) check windows right buttom bar is there a wireless icon show there and click to see any detect wireless signal, if nothing to detect
3) check or compare to other laptop wireless configuration, check any incorrect setting.
4) if all sense ok, you need check the wireless card and wireless antenna wire connection, open a samll cover at back of laptop, there is a MINI PCI slot with a wireless card, take out and clean the card pins then put back.
5) still trouble please change another wireless card (same model)
it should be fix.
hope help you to fix it, please take a rating le me know how much helped you, thanks. for any question in any time please !