It depends on what browser you are using, but it is pretty much the same process for all browsers for setting your home page.
I will give example using the Firefox browser.
1. Go to the Google page by typing www.google.com
in the address window then press enter. - You should see the google website page displayed.
2. Double click on the address window to highlight the address then right-click with the cursor still on the highlighted address and select "copy" from the dropdown menu.
3. From you web browser's menu select "Preferences" - in Firefox click on "Edit" then "Preferences" in the drop-down menu.
4. The preferences window should appear opened to the "General" tab. If another tab is opened then click on the "General" tab.
5. You will see "When Firefox starts: Show my homepage" - If "Show my homepage" is not showing then you can select it by clicking on whatever is in the window currently and choose it from the dropdown menu.
5. Next - put the mouse cursor in the "Home Page:" window - then right-click and select "Paste" to past in the "Google" site address that you copied from the address window in step 2. above. Alternately, instead of copying the Google website address into this window you could simply type in "www.google.com" and it should work.
6. Final step in setting your preferences - below the window that you just filled in step 5. is a button/sign that says "Use Current Pages". Right-click on this button/sign.
7. Close the preferences window. Next time you startup your browser the google website should appear as your home page.