An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: sony kv27ts31 can i receive cable
One of the setup menues should have the option for the signal type of Air/Cable. You need to switch to Cable. There are overlaps in the frequencies which is why you can receive some channels up to 12 or so.
You should be able to navigate these menues from the front panel or the remote.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Are you trying to receive off-the-air broadcasting? If so, you'll need a digital converter box. This set doesn't have a digital tuner, so there won't be any channels for it to receive without the converter.
2. Are you connecting a cable from a cable converter box, satellite receiver or FiOS set-top box? Your TV will need to be set to channel 3 or 4 to see the signal from the device.
3. Make sure the center wire in the plug on the end of the cable isn't bent over, and that it extends far enough (about 1/8 to 1/4-inch) to make a good connection.
4. Do you know for sure that the cable you are connecting is working? Is there actually a signal on the cable? It may be disconnected somewhere else (at a splitter, for instance) or there may not be any signal source.
5. Have you tried another TV to test the cable? If the cable works with another set, the tuner or antenna connector on the snowy set may be bad. If the cable connector is tightened too much when hooking it to the TV, the connector may be damaged and this can cause the snow.
Start by checking with a known good TV. If that one is snowy, you can check the other possibilities. If it works, you'll know the problem is in your set and can decide what to do (repair or replace).
you will receive upwards to 150 channels (depends on how the tv is designed) you will not receive all the channels which you receive on the tv which has the "box". You will need an addtional box if you want to receive essentially any 200 or above channel.
Hope this helps
I have just got a kv-20s43 and your best bet is to try to restore settings, here, To reset TV to factory settings, turn the TV on, Then, while pressing the reset button on the remote control, press POWER on the TV. The TV will turn itself off, then back on, the original settings wiill be restored... definition: ch. fix- 2-6: Select when you want to control all channel selection through a cable box. Select the appropriate channel(usually 3 or 4) and use the cable box's remote control for channel selection. VIDEO: select from available inputs when you have connected video equipment and you want your TV fixed to it.
I was awaiting your response in chat session but could not get any thing.
Please hook cable box in Video input-7 instead of Video input-6 in TV and select Video input-7 with remote on TV.
Regarding continues on-screen display of video-6, press Display button on TV remote once, on-screen display will disappear.
No. all flat screens have converter chip built in. If you are having problems getting channels, make sure you go to the settings, and broadcast settings, and make sure it is on AIR for regular tv, or CATV for cable.
Your TV is set for standard broadcast.
You need to go to the set up menu and change from antenna/normal to cable mode.
In standard broadcast mode you receive off the air programs 2-13 vhf and 14-83 uhf.
In the cable you receive 2-13 and cable channels 14 -125 if the set is not too old.
When cable channels first came out some sets would just cover 14- 36 or 14- 47 or 14-66 etc.
The newer sets cover the now standard cable channels 14-125. Hope this helps you
My friend, you need to hook up a signal source such as an antenna or cable . The channels wont come in and it will all depend on where you live and how close to a major city on what and how good you will get the stattions. then once an antennena is connected, do the auto programming again. Good Luck