I just bought a RocketFish bluetooth USB adapter and installed it on this old Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop. Now, I'm trying to link it up with my Motorola RAZR Cell Phone (Model 93003XQ8SA. It doesn't have the word "RAZR" anywhere on it. The un-named line above the model number starts with the characters "V3i")
I finally discovered an un-named encryption under "smartchip applications" under "tools" that works as the "Security Code" the Bluetooth Security Setup software wanted, but when I enter it and say "pair now?", the phone says "bond with Dell BJ9ABXXXXX". When I reply, "yes", it asks for the bluetooth password. I tried the 0000 password mentioned in several online chat entries for headsets but that doesn't work.
Where is that password revealed in all this disjointed documentation, either in the phone or on line or painted on a cloud somewhere?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: How do I determine what my bluetooth password is?
Thanks to verizon for being thieves that you can not transfer anything with bluetooth, so if you want bluetooth for your pc, or to transfer anything your out of luck. verizon has disabled Obex in the firmware of the phone. You can bluetooth a headset,but thats all.
Scroll to and Select Bluetooth.
Scroll to and Select Bluetooth Manager.
Scroll to and Select Hands-free.
Press Add to configure a new Hands-free device.
Search to search for devices. Your phone will begin to search for the
device (consult your device user guide for instructions on placing your
device in pairing mode).
Select the device.
When prompted, press Yes to pair with the device.
Enter the device passkey (normally 0000).
Press Done. When your phone is paired, the Bluetooth indicator will be displayed on the home screen.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) INSTALL THE BLUETOOTH DRIVER PROVIDED FOR YOUR SYSTEM. IT WILL ASK
YOU TO ACTIVATE BLUETOOTH BY PRESSING FN+F2 KEY. THIS DOES NOT WORK!
2) YOU MANUALLY INSTALL THE SOFTWARE FOR THE DRIVER...
NOTE : HERE SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE INSTALLED THE DRIVERS ALREADY BUT
JUST CANNOT START THE CONNECTION...SO THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE SOFTWARE
WHICH BLUETOOTH USES AND NOT THE DRIVER.
FOR INSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE FOLLOW THESE STEPS.
3) GO TO YOUR DRIVER INSTALLATION DIRECTORY (EX. C:\dell\drivers)
THEN YOU FIND WHICH DRIVER YOU INSTALLED FOR YOUR BLUETOOTH ( FOR
INSPIRON 1525 IT IS - R140135 ). HOW DO I KNOW THAT I HAVE THE SAME
4) THEN YOU FIND YOUR SYSTEM YOU ARE RUNNING ( A 32 BIT OR A 64 BIT ) IT WILL WRITTEN AS Win32 OR Win64.
5) THEN YOU FIND THE INSTALLATION FILE....TYPICALLY IT SET-UP BUT I
DONT THINK IN THIS CASE IT IS 'CUZ IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME...SO IT WILL BE
SOMETHING LIKE "INST". IT IS AN APPLICATION.
THERE JUST INSTALL THE APPLICATION AND THEN IT WILL BE ALL READY ONCE AGAIN....
P.S. DONT FORGET TO TURN YOUR BLUETOOTH ADAPTER ON AFTER YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.
there are mainly 2 ways to download/transfersongs to your Moto V3 - USB cable & Bluetooth (though you can also download from internet at the cost of airtime).
USB Cable: - download and install this usb driver - http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Common/Drivers%20and%20Plug%20ins/USB_Driver_32.zip - connect the Motorola to the computer through USB cable. Now you can copy/transfer songs from your computer.
Bluetooth: Using Bluetooth you can transfer songs from any other Bluetooth device(other Mobile or computer which has Bluetooth) - Switch On your V3's Bluetooth. Press Menu -> Setting & Tools -> Connections -> Bluetooth -> Setup -> Power -On
- Make your V3 visible to other device. Press Menu -> Setting & Tools -> Connections -> Bluetooth -> Setup -> Find Me
- Now from any other mobile(having Bluetooth), select any song, go to its options, select either Send/Copy which has option To Bluetooth (it'll prompt to switch On the Bluetooth, answer yes)
- click on Search for Device. this will find your V3 in few seconds.
- after this it may ask to set a password, set a 4 digit password, say 1111
- now your V3 will also ask to confirm the password, keyin 1111
- You can see the progress of your song transfer. (for next song you'll only have to say Ok on V3, password etc. step only one time)
Use a USB Bluetooth Adapter or an Infrared USB Adapter if you want wireless transfer, but if you like to transfer with cable, use a 3G iphone USB Datacable. That's it, u can transfer pictures to your PC now,goodluck. i hope I have solved your problem. Thank you......
Hi shirleyandba, I found out that you want or need a datacable for your phone but this is just an advise......datacable is a bit hassle for you need to have an installer along with the cable before you can download, and you can't even install if your computer don't have a CD drive. So I recommend you to have a bluetooth adapter instead....it's cheaper but performs well and you don't have to install anymore, all you have to do is insert it the USB port of your computer, On your phone's bluetooth, and that's it. I have mine and it works well than my datacable...I hope I've help you.