Question about Sewing Machines
I have an Eagle EA-156 industrial sewing machine. I am looking for a manual because I can't get the bobbin to work properly.
SOURCE: Bobbin thread breaks
Things to check for thread breakage (top or bottom)
1. Good thread in the machine - not hand thread, cheap thread, quilting thread.
2. A burr on the hook - a small nick on the hook can grab and tear threads, however this usually causes the top thread to tear, not the bottom
3. Make sure a new needle is in the machine - one made for the material you are sewing
4. The bobbin must be installed to rotate in the correct direction in your bobbin case
5. And I'll say it anyway - tensions - the primary cause of thread breaking - Remember, there are TWO tensions in a sewing machine, top and bottom. Also, the thread you see on the bottom of the stitch is the top thread, and vice-versa.
Posted on Dec 04, 2007
Seems this industrial machine is branded with several well known makes. I have purchased the machine direct with the manufacturerTamata and the model is a PF8500 which is branded as a Brother SL7553A or Brother DB2-B755 - Also known as Wimsew High Speed Lockstitch Industrial sewing machine.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
Presumably neither of you has or knows how to adjust your bobbin tension so, I'm going to presume it's your hook. Make sure you are threading the machine coorectly then you'll need to remove your needle plate by removing the two screws, pull out your hook (this is the part your bobbin sits in) but make sure you note which way it sits inside your machine. Have a look at the plastic hook for any sharp edges or burs, you may need to replace your hook or try and gently sand (400grit) the plastic if possible. The key part of the hook is the small blunted point as this is what catched the loop of thread behind the needle. Please make sure that when you put your hook back in, that it is on the left side of that little guard sticking out on the lower right of your machine.
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Mar 22, 2014 | PfaFF Sewing Machines
Sep 24, 2012 | Yamata Sewing Machines
Sep 01, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Jul 28, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Sep 17, 2010 | Sewing Machines
Mar 28, 2010 | Brother Sewing Machines
Oct 15, 2009 | Brother Sewing Machines
Jun 26, 2009 | Baby Lock Eclipse Serger
Jan 16, 2009 | Baby Lock Eclipse Serger
228 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: