Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
My PS3 will not play any HD Games. Everything else plays just fine... Any idea what could be wrong?
My sons playstation had this problem and having spoke to a SONY rep, this was the cure.
1. Ensure there are no discs in the drive.
2. turn off PS3.
3. Connect controller with USB cable.
4. On the console press and hold the power button until a third beep is herd then let go. The PS3 should be showing a red light (OFF)
5. Again, press and hold the power button. You should hear two single beebs and then two beebs together. On the two beeps together, let go of power button.
6. The green light should be on and six options should be on the screen. select the THIRD option.
7. Follow the on screen instructions.
This fixed the issue. Apparently the files can get a little corrupted and following the above corrects the issue.
I hope this helps
Posted on Aug 31, 2009
Gotcha! This is a very common problem with the PS3. The number one problem to be exact.
There are a number of things you can try but majority of the time the blu-ray laser needs to be replaced. Yours sounds like a good client for just a normal cleaning though.
If it's under warranty still, use your warranty. If not then I'd recommend taking apart your PS3. Just follow my guide. I just wrote it up the other day so it's version 1.0
As soon as I get a little time I'll update with videos, pics and the whole nine yards.
Please feel free to email me any other questions and please don't forget to rate!
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 26, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 26, 2009 | Nintendo Game Boy Advance Console
Jan 10, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 18, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 30, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 13, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 07, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!