The water solinoid is not sending water to my ice tray
The sensor light is not blocked and ice is not built up. the water side works. the ice side does not. i have disconected the water line that goes to the ice maker and san blow air through it. the line is not clogged.
Re: the water solinoid is not sending water to my ice...
Had the same problem. As long as the ice machine is still moving, meaning its working but just no water is getting to the ice tray. order part #2205762 valve, solenoid and change it out. It is not hard to do if you pay attention to how you take the old one out.
Re: the water solinoid is not sending water to my ice...
I have a Maytag side by side fridge and freezer with water, crushed & cubed ice in the freezer door. the water dispenser works fine but I'm getting no water to the ice tray. I replaced the pump located at the rear bottom left side of the unit next to where the water line is connected. There are 2 pumps. 1 feeds the water dispenser in the door and the other feeds the ice tray. Eventhough, there are 2 pumps, they are made as 1 unit. The water line connects to the line that goes up to the water filter on the fridge side. the line comes back down from the other side of the filter and goes to the top of the pump and feeds both the water dispenser and ice tray pumps. one is yellow and the other is brown. This is the part that needs to be replaced. Cost was about $33 including shipping. To replace, disconnect plastic water lines by prying up the insert holding lines in place and pulling the plastic lines from the pumps. Do not cut these lines. The replacement pumps will have new inserts. leave them in place and simply push the plastic lines into pump as far as they will go. They didn't leak. The unit worked like a charm. Now I'm getting ice like I did when the unit was new. My model # is
MSD2351HEW. Good luck!!!
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) are you getting water at door ? - if so water is on and filter is not blocked or installed backwards.
2) this does nor rule out the solinoid because it has two sides one for water and one for ice. ( we will come back to solinoid)
3) Is the ice maker swich turned on ? located inside freezer door to the right of the icemaker looks a bit like a wire coat hanger grab it and push it up for off or down for on ( you should hear a click)
4) Is you fill tube blocked with frozen ice ? located inside freezer door at back of ice maker, looks like a plastic hose going through the back wall at an up hill angle. if so heat it up with a hair drier to melt ice. or pull part out from back of fridge and soak in hot water.
4) Check control board. (This was my problem)Turn off power, open freezer locate a white plastic square cover with sides about 6 inches long, located at front of icemaker prise out the plastic button located on the right side with a flat screwdriver pull white cover off, ( check power is off) look at wheel behind cover if you see any melted parts then this is your problem. remove three screws and pull wheel and front panel towards you it will come away. dont turn wheel by hand - if you need to line up spline turn part in ice maker instead, also note on - off switch ( wire coathanger thing attaches to this ) Top right. sounds harder than it is. sniff part, can you smell a burnt out smell if so order a new part on line. ( this part controls all the action. turns water solinoid on to fill tray, tips tray etc,
5) water solinoid has had it, located at back of fridge behind cardboard, water line from wall attaches to this as does water line to cold water and water line to ice maker, this is a double solinoid so it is posable for ice to work and not cold water or vice versa, turn off water and power remove part and take to your electrical part supplier for testing and or replacment.
The 2 "problems" are most likely only 1 problem. The door frame has a heater that keeps water from condensing on the frame tween the freezer and refrigerator sections. It should be warm but not so warm that it is uncomfortable to keep your hand on it.
Now your saying verry little ice at best? Do you notice ice in the bin that the refrigerator has made? You can try switching the wires on the water solonid on the back of the fridge then push in the button on the water delivery switch (like filling a glass) if the valve is working the water should flow on into the ice maker and you can feel it or see it being in the ice maker. then you know the problem is, or is not in the water valve. If you leave it connected this way for an extended time like 4 to 6 hours you should notice a mess comming out of the water delivery spout in the front. This will be because the ice maker is comming around and asking for water to come into the ice maker. However because you have switched the wires on the valve it comes out the door. If you dont get any water out the door the Ice maker isthe most likely suspect but it could also be the wiring going to the valve.
If this helps you find the next step in solving your trouble please rate me has high as you can and thank you for using fixya.
You can fill the tray with water from the tap and turn arm on. After doing this the ice maker should drop the ice that you made by poring water in the tray.This should tell the water solinoid to send water again to the ice maker.
This should solve the problem for a long time until it slowly tries to freeze the feed tube shut again. Thanks, Sea Breeze
there is two solinoids in the rear of the fridge one is for ice and the other for water . each has a seperate screen . also if you activate the water you should hear a click sound from the solinoid behind. the switch in the door can be mechanical or light sensor . i have changed both kinds before. hope this helps