Question about Lexmark C510 Laser Printer
I put the envelope in the paper tray, typed the address and hit print. The envelope will go through part way then jam in the back.
You can load up to 10 envelopes in the standard tray. Try a sample of any envelopes you are
considering using with the printer before buying large quantities. See Loading envelopes in the
standard tray for instructions on loading envelopes.
When printing on envelopes:
• To achieve the best possible print quality, use only high-quality envelopes that are designed
for use in laser printers.
• Set the Paper Source in the Paper Menu based on the source you are using, set the Paper
Type to Envelope, and select the correct envelope size from the operator panel, the printer
driver, or from MarkVision Professional.
• For best performance, use envelopes made from 90 g/m2 (24 lb bond) paper. You can use up
to 105 g/m2 (28 lb bond) weight for the 250-sheet standard tray or 105 g/m2 (28 lb bond)
weight for envelopes as long as the cotton content is 25% or less. Envelopes with 100%
cotton content must not exceed 90 g/m2 (24 lb bond) weight.
• Use only new, undamaged envelopes.
• For best performance and to minimize jams, do not use envelopes that:
– Have excessive curl or twist.
– Are stuck together or damaged in any way.
– Contain windows, holes, perforations, cutouts or embossing.
– Use metal clasps, string ties, or metal folding bars.
– Have an interlocking design
– Have postage stamps attached
– Have any exposed adhesive when the flap is in the sealed or closed position
– Have nicked edges or bent corners
– Have rough, cockle, or laid finishes
• Use envelopes that can withstand temperatures of 170°C (338°F) without sealing, excessive
curling, wrinkling, or releasing hazardous emissions. If you have any doubts about the
envelopes you are considering using, check with the envelope supplier.
• Adjust the width guide to fit the width of the envelopes.
• Load only one size of envelope at a time in the tray. Envelopes may only be loaded in the
standard tray. Load them with the flap down and the flap to the left of the tray.
• A combination of high humidity (over 60%) and the high printing temperatures may seal the
Loading envelopes in the standard tray
The recommended stack height is 10 envelopes; however, in normal environments as many as 15
envelopes may be loaded. In high temperature or humidity environments, only seven envelopes
should be loaded.
1 Pull the standard tray completely out.
2 Squeeze the length guide tabs together as shown in step 2 on page 42. Slide the guide to
the correct position for the size of envelope you are loading.
3 Squeeze the width guide tabs as shown in step 3 on page 42. Slide the width guide to the
correct position for the size of envelope you are loading. Notice the size indicators on the
bottom left of the tray.
4 Push the envelope stack aid tabs toward each other. They snap into place.
5 Flex a stack of envelopes back and forth and then straighten the edges on a level surface.
Press down the corners to flatten them.
Fan the envelopes. This prevents the edges of the envelopes from sticking together and helps
them feed properly.
6 Load envelopes flap side down with the stamp area and flap on the right. The end of the envelope with the stamp area enters the printer first.
7 Insert the standard tray.
Posted on Apr 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2015 | Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color...
May 14, 2014 | Kyocera Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 09, 2012 | Minolta bizhub 200 All-In-One Printer
You can set the default paper source for all print jobs. Tray 1 is the default factory settings, only an installed paper source will appear as a menu setting. A paper source selected by a print job will override the Default Source setting for the duration of the print job. Check the word processor print settings, make sure that it matches with the printer paper menu settings. To do this you may click print and click on properties button. Click on the paper tab and you can set the input options like paper size, paper tray (source) and paper type.
For further assistance, please call Lexmark Technical Support.
Jul 26, 2011 | Lexmark C510 Laser Printer
May 13, 2010 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Aug 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 27, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jun 01, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 16, 2008 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 02, 2007 | Xerox WorkCentre PRO 128 Copier
324 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!