What is a "Subsidy Unlock Code"?
A "Subsidy Unlock Code" is a code that is unique to your phone. The code is assigned by the original service provider the phone was manufactured for so that it cannot be taken to another carrier for activation without their permission.
If this error message should appear you will need to contact the service provider for assistance.
If you need assistance unlocking your phone please follow these steps.
To unlock your phone
At the Enter Unlock Code prompt
- Press the unlock key to enter your unlock code
- Press ok to unlock your phone.
Note: Your unlock code may be you cell phone number. If not, you will need to contact your service provider for assistance.
To lock/unlock the SIM Card (This does not apply to CDMA phones)
- Press the Menu button
- Scroll to and select Settings
- Scroll to and select Security
- Scroll to and select SIM PIN. If you entered an incorrect PIN code 3 times in a row, your SIM card is disabled and your phone displays SIM blocked. (Contact your service provider for further details)