Here is what you do:
1) Click on a blank area of the desktop (not sure why, but sometimes this is necessary).
2) Press the toolbox button on your monitor. It is located in between the rotate screen button and the secondary "Esc" button. A tablet shortcut menu should appear in the middle of your screen.
3) Select "Settings" at the bottom left of the menu. This will open a "Customize Tablet Shortcut Menu Settings" Window.
4) In the "Auto Screen Rotation" portion of the window, make sure the "Enable ActiveRotate" box is checked.
5) If you choose, you may also want to click the "Calibrate" button. This will step you through customizing the ActiveRotate to your personal preference.
6) Click "Apply" and then "Ok".
Please note, that with the internal wi-fi connection enabled, you cannot use the X61 in tablet mode in certain orientations. Nothing bad will happen if you attempt to do this; but you will notice a message popup telling you this, as well as having the screen automatically switch orientations on you. This is normal and has something to do with the wi-fi antenna location.
Hope that helps!
Feb 26, 2009 |
Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC