I spilled water on a Dell Inspiron 600m; took it apart and dryed it out with a hair dryer on cool. It turns on and Windows starts up, but the screen is almost completely black. In the right light I can make out my background, and icons, but it is EXTEMELY faint. What to do?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you spilled water then shut off the laptop NOW and let it dry out for about 3 days. If you spilled soda or juice then you will probably need to have the keyboard replace. Hopefully the liquid did not get to the motherboard or then you might have to have that replaced also.
Disconnect the battery and a/c plug. Use a hair dryer on the keyboard for a while to try and dry it out. It may take a couple of days to dry out. If it continues to have problems your laptop may need a new keyboard or motherboard.
mmmm u must use a cool hair dryer not a hot one then supply the air for the keyboard in proper manner that confirm the water to be removed and apply it for more than 15 min then try it
if it doesn't work then follow this link to dissassemble the keyboad then remove the water using cool hair dryer not hot one and apply it for more than 15 min
If you replaced the keyboard with a Dell replacement 1501 keyboard and it still doesn’t work then yes the motherboard will probably have to be replaced. If your son spilled water on the laptop it could clear up after it completely dries. If it was juice, soft drink or sport drink the laptop could develop other issues. The syrup in these kinds of drinks don’t evaporate, they just remain there and accumulate foreign particles like dust, hair, dirt and eventually start to corrode electrical contacts like acid. Similar to the terminal posts on a car battery. Your responses are intended to improve the level of service provided. Please show your appreciation by rating your experience. Thank You.
Uh, oh, sounds bad, probably didn't get all the water. Also, you really have to open things up and let dry for several days(I leave things dry for a week, before attempting to power up). Open it again, do it quickly, I've never used a hair drier before, hum, I'd just leave it opened up(as long as it was just water that is). You need to get it opened up as completely as you can. Just try not to get impatient with it.
well i spilled alot on my laptop and it still works. usually you should just dry it out with a hair dryer. what have you lost if it still wont work. honestly. other than that usually your motherboard will have blew at this point but as i said i spilled an entire pint of water on mine and im still messaging you off it now.:)
any problems email me on email@example.com