My ATT Tilt got damp... I dried it and put it in a ziplock bag with rice for a day. It worked fine for about a week and then it was time to charge it.... The battery wouldn't charge. The battery eventually drained and wouldn't charge.... it just quit... even when it was plugged into the charger. I bought a new battery and put it in the phone and then I connected it to the charger ... same problem ... the amber light came on and the charging icon appeared. It showed it was charging and I actually saw the percent go from 34% to 33% instead of charging it was using up the battery. So, what do I need to do?
I had the same problem. unfortunately, after several trips to the AT&T store and my office IT department, there's nothing that can be done. the AT&T store suggested cleaning my ports with a small amount of WD40 on a q-tip to clear out any rust that may have formed, so you could try that. If not, get on ebay and buy a spare battery and a charging console (where you can put the battery by itself to charge) and continuously switch them out. its not fun, but that's what i had to do, and i've been doing it for a year now.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
One could try wrapping it in a ziplock bag with dry white rice for a couple of days and see if that absorbs moisture or trying to dry it with a hair dryer (riskier). This is the sort of device one might wipe off with a slightly soapy, barely damp cleaning cloth or such a cloth with what is called a dielectric cleaner. There is a tiny chance that the cleaner has dissolved a bit of dielectric grease between the battery and battery contacts. If so, replacement of that grease might solve the problem. The good news is he did not spray himself with the cleaner so he still works.
Any time did you receive a package or simply when get an electronic device out of the box you see these little bags that say : "silica gel do not eat". Don't discard them, keep them in a very dry place inside little ziplock bags, their mission is to absorb humidity and they are very good at it. When your phone get wet, simply shake it with a towel, then put it inside the ziplock bag and wait until next day.
Dry it as much as you can...
Let it sit in the sun under a towel NOT IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT! if you have a blowdryer with a highspeed/COLD setting, that will help also.
*DO NOT use a heat setting that is too hot for you too hold your hand in front of or you may damage the electronics!
Then if the phone still doesnt work, put it in ziplock bag full of (uncooked/dry) rice and wait until the next day. The rice will soak up the moisture (like those little moisture packets that you find in dried food and stuff that say "don't eat"). It will not ruin the phone, but put the phone in the bag first and then the (dry/uncooked) rice.
*DO NOT shove it in the rice because you could get a grain lodged in a port or something!
Try using enough rice to completely cover the phone. Don't worry about wasting a bag of rice either, you can still wash and cook it!
*DO NOT try to microwave or stick the phone in the oven!
Make sure that you immediately remove it from the water and remove the battery and the simcard / memory card from your cellphone. Then towel dry it and put it in a ziplock bag with about a cup of uncooked rice. Leave it there for 1 - 2 days to let the rice absorb the moisture. Then after 1 - 2 days, cross your fingers and try to turn on your cellphone. =)
Take the battery and back cover off the device, put in a ziplock bag (all of the pieces) and fill with rice. Close up and let sit for 2-3 days then put together and turn on. This should dry out the device.
Probably no saving it but there is something you can try. Remove the battery and put the camera in a one gallon ziplock bag full of fresh uncooked white rice. Leave the camera and the rice sealed in the bag for about a week and the rice should absorb any residual water that may still be in the camera.
It is a long shot but it has been known to work.
From what I read online to people that had a DS get wet was remove the battery.... Place the DS in a ziplock bag full of rice. I guess the rices will absorb the moisture left in the unit.. I don't know if this will work ... but it is worth a try.. Most people felt that you needed to leave it in the bag for at least 3-4 days or up to a week.... hope it helps
Take the battery out and inspect the battery closley. If you see a pink rectangle on the contact face then the battery has to be replaced. You may be able to dry it fully by putting the camera and the battery(seperately) into a ziplock bag half full with uncooked rice. Leave them for a full 2 days and then remove them. Shake the cam and battery as to remove any small pieces of rice that may remain.
Ipon the ipods case up. then Put the ipod in a zip lock bag full of
uncooked raw white rice. seal the bag and leave it in there for 2 days.
rice absorbs water. it should dry it up.
dont try to plug the ipod in or it will fry the circuit and you will destroy it.
If you need to know how to open an ipod case go to my website.