- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
check your printer settings, make sure color only is not checked off, or if you mainly print black and white documents, you should have that option checked, you may have to go into advance printer options to do this.
as long as the color print cartridges remain in the printer you should be able to print in only black and white.
If the error message does not come up and prompt you to chose this option, you should be able to tell the
printer to print in black .
(1) go file print or print (2) a gray box will pop up click on properties
(3) Click color (4)click gray scale
This should do it for you! (5) select black print cartridge only
Hi - If you are saying that the right side cartridge is the black cartrige that you have replaced, then I have two suggestions that may help. If the cartrige is a new HP genuine product I would take it back. If not, I would return the cartrige you have and buy a genuine HP for the printer. Though an expensive solution, there is always a chance of defects from either party. The remanufactured or refilled cartrige will have a date on it. The circuit board on these can wear out and then not be recognizable over time. Second suggestion if you have not already done this, a cotton swab or Q tip dipped in distilled water(damp only) to wipe down the circut board on the printer where the cartrige will connect to it, may help. Turn off the printer to do this. Make sure it is dry when you turn it on and reinstall the new cartrige. Hope this helps.
I have just resolved the "Install black cartrige" issue on my printer I am not sure if it will solve everyone's problem but these are the steps I took to solve the problem.
1. removed the black cartrige. 2. removed all the paper from the tray and noticed that one of the pages was a little jammed. 3. I then turned the printer on and off again and still encountered the "Install black cartrige" error message. 4. I then put the black cartrige back in the the printer and restarted the printer. 5. When the printer restarted it started to initialize correctly and I perform some test prints to confirm that it was back up and running.
1st check the little gold plates on back of the cartridge. clean them off and were they make contact to the printer. If that don't work. Download SSC Service Utility. (Voids warrenty use at own risk free program) http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml If that don't fix it there is still one more thing you can do. Get a chip restetter for your cartridges. http://dsacme.blogspot.com/2008/10/service-tool-for-reset-canon-i320.html (this one is not free) This will reset the chip on your cartridge and make the printer think its a new one. I use both programs works great.