My ps3 searches forever and doesnt find my headset, what can i do? its mad catz
You might need to update your PS3..
How to Update Your Ps3 Firmware With Your Computer
How to Update Your Ps3 Firmware With Your Computerthumbnail Update Your Ps3 Firmware With Your Computer
So you want to update your ps3, but you don't have your ps3 connected to the internet, well no fear in this article I will show you how to update your ps3's firmware by using your computer.
Things You'll Need
1 First go to this website,http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PS3
and click on the download now button just under the big ps3 and save it to your desktop or any other place that you can get to the file easly.
2 Now get into your j-drive and make a new folder named "PS3".
3 Now click on the PS3 folder and make a new one called "UPDATE".
4 Now put the downloaded update file ito the "UPDATE" folder that you just made.
5 Take the j-drive to your ps3 and plug it into the usb port.
6 Once done with that go to settings, system update, update via mass storage device.
7 Follow the directions on the screen to complete the update.
8 Once done you cna go back to playing on your ps3.
Tips & Warnings
You can do this for every update that you do
Its free to do
If it don't work you did it wrong
Or you could try this too
You can try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
I wish you good luck
Aug 16, 2011 |
Video Game Consoles