Question about Acer Aspire 5040-3810 Notebook
I've seen this problem a lot lately.
You can try this for starters:
There are no drivers for CD or DVD drives as they are not made or needed as XP has the required genetic drivers built in.
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry subkey:
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes. NOTE: If this data type is missing, continue to the next method.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit the Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Let me know if that works, otherwise I'll suggest something else.
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2013 | Dell Inspiron N4010 Notebook
May 30, 2010 | PC Laptops
Apr 17, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jan 12, 2010 | Sony VAIO FRV27 Notebook
Nov 29, 2009 | PC Laptops
Nov 29, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 512DX Notebook
Jun 28, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5040-3810 Notebook
Mar 19, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5040-3810 Notebook
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: