Question about Acer Aspire 5040-3810 Notebook
I've seen this problem a lot lately.
You can try this for starters:
There are no drivers for CD or DVD drives as they are not made or needed as XP has the required genetic drivers built in.
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry subkey:
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes. NOTE: If this data type is missing, continue to the next method.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit the Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Let me know if that works, otherwise I'll suggest something else.
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jul 09, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 07, 2009 | HP Pavilion ZV5000, ZV6000, ZX5000 Series...
May 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 23, 2007 | Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Jun 28, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5040-3810 Notebook
Mar 19, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5040-3810 Notebook
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: