Question about Acer Aspire 5600 Series 5630-6951 Laptop
In acer settings management it sais that the comp has none cd or dvd rw , and the comp delays a lot booting up maybe for the same reason. when I try to search for devices , the comp breaks down to the blue screen
If you installed some multimedia sw it's possible you modified your register settings; it worked for me several time on different pcs;
if The system did not have UpperFilters listed only LowerFilters, delete the LowerFilters and restarte the system - for your safety back up the registry beforeand to try!
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2011 | Acer Aspire Z5700 PC Desktop
Dec 31, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5600 Series 5630-6951 Laptop
Dec 31, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop
Jan 16, 2009 | Acer (91.37H37.001) Internal DVD Drive
Sep 29, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5600 Series 5630-6951 Laptop
The Bios should not be your problem and the MBR doesn't have anything to do if you didn't play with Windows installations or with any utility to create an image of your hard drive.
To understand where the problem is coming from:
- Ask someone to go to http://www.knoppix.org/ and download a Knoppix CD
- Create a bootable CD from the ISO downloaded
- Enter in your Laptop BIOS settings and change the first bootable device as the CD/DVD
- Insert the Knoppix CD and boot your Laptop
- Knoppix will start and ask boot:
- Just hit Enter
- When Knoppix has finished and it's running you will have a nice graphic interface
- click on the HD icon on the desktop and see if you can see your files, if not you have a bad Hard disk
- Knoppix has also a utility to test the memory too.
If you tryied to install another copy of Windows or you made an image using some software like Ghost, you have to:
- boot from a floppy disk (Download and create from here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm, I suggest Windows 98 SE)
- At the prompt type FDISK /MBR and press Enter
ATTENTION: If you type something different you may distroy all your files on your hard drive
Oct 16, 2007 | Computers & Internet
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: