Question about Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I filled canon pixma mp145 catridge but it says its empty and doesnt print
1) Disconnect the printer's power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back. 3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
(at this step, i press and hold the reset button twice, each time i press and hold is about 5 seconds. then i'm able to continue to the next step)
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if this page doesn't print by itself, press the "color" button once and the test page will print). Don't worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
(at this step, i have to wait for about two minutes or more then the printer automatically start print the document mentioned.)
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
11) close the printer cover. Wait for 2 mins. (for my printer, i didnt wait for two minutes, the light immediately disappeared) The amber light beside the black ink and color ink will have disappeared.
Also if you take printouts now you will no longer get the ink low warning.If you check the ink status
it will show that the cartridge is full !!! The ink level has been reset successfully."
PS: I did not solve this myself just copy and paste from other source but I tried it and it works.
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
What is the cartridge number of canon pixma mp145
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
The chip quite likely needs resetting.
Pop along to your local Cartridge World, they'll be able to assist you
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1200 Photo Printer
Jul 13, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 26, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Sep 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 06, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 26, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 13, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 06, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 16, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
1,693 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: