Is there a way to remove the bottom piece of the TV in order to move it. I am trying to move this TV up some stairs and it won't fit in one piece, I need to know if it can seperated into 2 pieces. Thank you.
Re: Need to know if TV can be separted into 2 pieces
Yes it can and does come apart in 2 fairly equal sized pieces. There are some screws on the sides when removed the top half with the mirror will lift off. It may require some extra force the first time it is done but comes apart with ease after that
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
2 types. If wooden top rail of screen surround: remove end screws of top rail by removing caps over screws on upper front sides. Remove the two screws. Remove top wooden screen bezel piece. Now pull up and out screens.
If sceen surround is plastic one-piece all-around: remove speaker grill board. Remove screws along lower front of screen bezel. Pull bottom of screen bezel out a 1/2 inch. Lift up on screen bezel to remove entire screen assembly.
These are the dimensions of the TV itself (including the bottom piece) The height of the TV is 37.2 inches tall the width is 49.6 inches wide the depth is 17.4 inches deep. the weight of the TV is 132.5 pounds (just thought you would want the weight as well if you are considering purchasing a stand) I hope this helps and good luck!
unplug tv. Remove 4 screws from bottom of tv in front right below speakers on right and left side. Bottom panel slides up and out. Don't disconnect just rest panel on front of tv. Remove two screw at bottom of trim strips on each side of screen. Each one of these strips will slide down and remove. Last piece to remove is trim strip at top of screen. There are no screws to remove. The whole piece simply slides to the right about 2" to 3" inches then will unlock from mount brackets. Pull towards you and slide up and off screen. carefully lift screen up and out of bottom brackett. Top trim piece may be a little tight. Just tap on it with the palm of your hand and have somone pull on strip from other side.
The 65XWX20B comes apart in 2 pieces - there is a top half and a bottom half.
- The bottom half houses all of the electronics, projection lenses, etc. It is very heavy and should be moved with care.
- The top half is basically just the screen.
I have moved this Television multiple times, even up and down from a 3rd floor apartment!
- First remove the screws holding the top and the bottom, the important ones are on the sides of the TV.
- This is important, I suggest 3 people do this part: Slowly lift the top away from the bottom half of the TV, but -not- very far. There is small wiring harness that that attaches the top of the TV to the bottom to a circuit board. This must be unplugged by one person while the other 2 hold the top half of the TV slightly above the bottom half. Note carefully where this plugs in so that you can reassemble easily.
- Once this is disconnected the TV is much easier to move, although still quite heavy and bulky. Do not turn the TV on its side - keep it upright while moving.
I found the problem. Mitsubishi put 2 strips of what looks like rubber caulking inside, presumably to keep the TV from rattling or something. Peel them off from the inside and the top comes off just fine. Both pieces are still very heavy, so its at least a 2 man job moving either piece. Most of the weight seems to be the LDF more than the TV though.
There are two types of screens used on this chassis.
Model 1 - with one piece frame around screen.
1. Remove the front grill cloth assembly and remove four
(4) screws along the bottom of the screen frame.
2. Pull out slightly on the bottom of the screen frame and lift
up and out on the top of the screen frame (and screen) to
Model 2 - with wood piece securing top of screen.
1. Remove the screw access cover plug from each side (near
top) of the TV and remove one screw from each side.
2. Pull up on the wooden strip and remove.
3. The screen can now be lifted out of the tracks and
in order to replace this piece, you will need to take the entire case off of the TV, undo all of the wiring inside, and behind the tube. Once you have the old piece out, yuo need to put the new one in, be very careful, as a sligt jar could ruin it. Also be careful to get the wiring right as a wrong cable could ruin not only the new screen you just put in but, ruin the rest of the television.