Question about Epson Stylus 880 InkJet Color Printer
With it making a "grinding" noise, I first wonder if you have children. if so, then open the lid and/ or look in the paper feed area for plastic tools, band aids, etc. (worked in tech support and once had a gerbil stuck in a printer by it's tail! OUCH!)
if not, then try this procedure that I found else-where on Fix-Ya.
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons, then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 08, 2009 | Epson Stylus C60 InkJet Printer
Apr 04, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 03, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 07, 2007 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2007 | Epson 1000 ICS All-In-One InkJet Printer
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: