Im trying to uninstal avg 7.5 and it shows me intallation failed and i pressed on detail and the following came, Installer initialization failed due to following error: Error: Initialization of the language file "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7" failed. General failure. what can i do ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
chose your brand then while intalling tell the intaller to look in the folder with the files, i just unzip the files to my desktop then when i plug my webcam in it will show a new device, then manualing show were the files are for the installer
Dear User ,
Follow the Steps below to resolve your problem
1. Click on start and the search bar right next to it , type Cmd
2.As the CMD appears in the search list . Right click on that and Click on Run As Administrator
At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt
Try to install it again ,Just in case it fails ,follow the steps below
1.Right click on the VPN setup file and click on Run as admin
Thanks and regards
Strippy had asked you a right question. You may be trying to install AVG when you have already one antivirus program running. OR you had once installed AVG sometimes in the past, but uninstallation was not properly done. Hence it is showing registry key error.
1. If you are running any anitvirus prog now, first uninstall it. Then restart the machine.
2. Now you try install AVG. it should install. if not, try the following
Go to system restore and create restore point for safety.
go to run and type regedit and then enter
Press cntrl + F for finding earlier registry keys of AVG. Try to find out all old registry keys amd delete them all.
You Havn't specified, What is the problem exactly. I mean you have not specified the error Description.
But still The problem could arose while uninstalling Antivirus Program would be:
1. Any *.dll file missing from antivirus directory.
2. system file of antivirus missing from System32 directory of windows.
3. Any file that belongs to antivirus are not able to load while installinfg like uninst.exe.
4.Windows installer 3.0 is not installed on ur system
(Check out all the above including reviewing ur antivirus directory for uninst.exe file)
To solve this error you must do the following:
1. Run AVG antivirus setup program to repair. some times it doesnot give you the option if half of installed program have been removed from system.
2. Go to run type "regedit" and press enter
3. go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> and select AVG
expand trees of AVG.
4. Check for data path and its contents in AVG directory of program files, and also For UninstPath to varify that the uninst.exe in avg directory of program files is not missplaced
5. After doing the specified solution 60% are the chances that ur program would be uninstalled. else if it doesnot uninstall the program and gives the same error then Choose system restore tool.
For restoring do the following:
1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories ->System Tools
and select System Restore
2. Go to next window, Choose the restore point that was before installing of ur AVG Antivirus.
3. Select that restore point by reading the description.
4. Click next to restore.
Note: Your system will restart after choosing the restore point and clicking next. It takes some time to restore.
Most probably this tool will help you to remove this antivirus.
Remove it's entry from registry by Going to run type "regedit" and press enter
go to hkey_local_machine ->SOFTWARE -> andright click AVG
and select delete option to delete.
unless there is a problem with the server at AVG it should update no problem, when you click update for the first time you have the option to click file or internet, clicking internet should go to the AVG server.
Sometimes it takes a few times to update, but if it continues, uninstal AVG and re install it.