Question about Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
I have a Dell 1720dn. The fist page keeps printing jibberish followed by the document. Its an intermittent problem. I'm thinking firmware update maybe??
Reset the Photoconductor Drum Counter
1. Turn off the power using the switch on the back of the printer.
2. Open the front door of the printer.
3. Hold Continue button down, power on the printer, and continue to holding Continue down until the LEDs begin to flash.
When the LEDs start to flash, release Continue button. The LEDs will continue flashing until only Error LED will be lit.
4. Close the front door. Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load Paper LEDs should be lit.
5. Wait till the printer completes the POST process.
POST is complete when fan noise and rollers stops.
After POST wait for 5 seconds
6. Press Cancel button 4 times slowly until the Toner Low LED is lit.
This is the procedure resetting the counter.
7. Press and hold Continue until all LEDs begin to cycle in sequence, then release Continue.
Now only the Toner Low LED will be lit.
8. Cycle the power of the printer.
- Remove the power cable
- Wait for 5 seconds
- Plug the power cable back to the printer
- Power the Printer on
Posted on Mar 20, 2009
Typically it's the software program that installs with the printer. (I can't remember the exact name, sorry) If you can, uninstall the drivers and install using the 'install printer' option via control panel. This will install the printer driver only.
Most Dell techs won't know this in all honesty. It's a very rare problem. :)
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2010 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Dec 02, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Jun 27, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
May 19, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2100 Printer
May 05, 2009 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
Jan 07, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Sep 15, 2008 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
May 28, 2008 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
333 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!