Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sounds like a GPU problem. Start with a video reset. I've got all the details below.
Check out my common PS3 problem and repair guide for tips and suggestions for your problem.
Please feel free to email me any other questions and please don't forget to rate!
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
on Dec 06, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 05, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
For the recovery menu:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up
This will get you to the Recovery menu, all you have to do is click ReBuild. And just turn your ps3 off and on again.
Mar 03, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 03, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 19, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 17, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
310 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!