Question about Microsoft Zune JS8-00001 Digital Media Player
I saved Zune 3.0 to my drive and when I run the file I get this message.
To correct and solve this error, follow this steps:
1. Run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del or right click on Taskbar)
2. Stop wscript.exe process if available by highlighting the process name and clicking End Process.
3. Then terminate explorer.exe process.
4. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
5. Type “cmd” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
6. Type the following command one by one followed by hitting Enter key:
del c:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del d:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del e:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
c, d, e each represents drive letters on Windows system. If there are more drives or partitions available, continue to command by altering to other drive letter. Note that you must also clean the autorun files from USB flash drive or portable hard disk as the external drive may also be infected.
7. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
8. Type “regedit” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
9. Navigate to the following registry key:
10. Check if the value name and value data for the key is correct (the value data of userint.exe include the path which may be different than C drive, which is also valid, note also the comma which is also needed):
If the value is incorrent, modify it to the valid value data.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2009 | Microsoft Zune JS8-00001 Digital Media...
Oct 31, 2009 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Mar 29, 2009 | Microsoft ZUNE JS8BRPBDLUG MP3 Player
Mar 03, 2009 | Microsoft ZUNE JS8BRPBDLUG MP3 Player
Feb 21, 2009 | Microsoft Zune JS8-00001 Digital Media...
May 28, 2008 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Mar 22, 2008 | Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
Feb 18, 2008 | Microsoft Zune JS8-00001 Digital Media...
2,526 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: