I know there are ways to use my htc p4300 as a modem for my pc, i also
know i can share my internet connection. problem is, i do not
have an owners manual, and do not know how to do these tasks. i
will purchase the manual if someone has one for sale, otherwise, any
help is appreciated!!!!
Connect the HTC to your desktop through USB. On the HTC: Programs >Internet Sharing. Choose USB under PC Connection. Choose My Connection (or whatever name you have given for your internet connection) under Network Connection. Click: Connect.
Of course, for this to work you must have an internet connection (GPRS or Edge) on your mobile.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: share internet connection
Open up the Internet Sharing program from the Programs list, select USB and your connection from the list and click on Connect. Now connect it to your computer using USB cable, it shall install the drivers for your phone and you are ready to surf the web now.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you connected your Diamond to your PC, what did it get recognized as? What does it show up as in your PC's Device Manager? On
your device, do you have Internet Sharing or Wireless Modem? If it is
Wireless Modem, after you connect your device to your PC, you Start
Wireless Modem and that should install the Modem Drivers. If you have Internet Sharing, what is the message you get on the device after tap connect (Check USB, Disconnected, etc.)? Try updating active sync software to the latest, at least 4.5 I'd think. Not sure if there's a newer version out. Also, Connect your phone to
your pc by using the USB cable provided with your phone. On your phone
you should go to Window Icon at top left corner of screen, then go to
Programs on the drop down menu. From there choose Internet Sharing.
Once you tap Internet Sharing you will be prompted at the bottom left of
the screen to Connect. Tap Connect and then you will see your pc
recognize the connection on the bottom right of computer screen. It
will install the drivers and then from there you are good to go. Hope
this helps! Thank you for contacting FixYa
• If you want to use a USB cable connection, you must first install Microsoft ActiveSync version 4.2 or later on the computer. • Before using Internet Sharing, disable ActiveSync on your computer. To set up your device as a USB modem 1. On your device, tap Start > Programs > Internet Sharing. 2. In the PC Connection list, select USB. 3. In the Network Connection list, select the name of the connection that your device uses to connect to the Internet. 4. Plug in the USB cable between your device and the computer. 5. Tap Connect. To end the Internet connection • On the Internet Sharing screen, tap Disconnect.
Download ActiveSync 4.5 from Microsoft.
Do not connect the phone to the PC via USB yet.
In the phone, goto Internet Sharing, select the internet connection and select "USB", and click connect.
Afterwards, connect the USB to the PC.
Wait up to 30 seconds and vola! You have internet access.
On the HTC S710. Connect phone to PC with USB cable close active sync and on the phone go to start>internet sharing. Celect USB and GPRS. Press connect and open your browzer on PC. In your device manager in XP you will see it as a network device.
1. Download AcitveSync 4.5 and install.
2. Establish partnership and ensure you are able to successfully synchronize your calendar etc. with handset.
3. No addition software required for using htc as modem. You need to have GPRS setup properly. you should be able to connect to any internet site.
4. On your handset, go to start->Programs->Internet sharing->Connect. ensure that you have choosen the proper internet sharing option.