1. Go to Setup. [from remote] 2. Select the Preference Page. 3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVD Player remote. --> It will show current region code [ for example 5 ] 4. Now Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free. 5. Press ok and exit setup.
Probably the same would be applicable for 3258, 3268, 3986.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The DVD you're using is probably from elsewhere than the region you live in. It is almost certainly possible to temporarily change the region by using a trick which will not damage your machine in any way. Google "Philips DVP642 region hack" and there will be an answer.
Each DVD player is designed only to read discs froma certian region of the globe, and they are labelled 1 through 6 (or ALL). Australian players are designed only to play Region 4 discs. United States discs are Region 1. It is illegal to change the Region code on a DVD player, so I can't tell you how to do it (ironically, it is the most frequently asked question about dvd players on Fixya.com - global world), but there are videos on YouTube that will show you how to do it - I would just enter "philips region code dvd" as your seacrh term. You won't find that exact model, but one of the codes in the video should work. Note that you will only be able to change the region code three times on a Philips - after that you will be locked out. So change it to Region 1 once, and never change it again.
1. Turn the unit on and open the tray. Take out any disc from the tray. 2. Enter the code 98790 on the remote and press Ok. The 0 on the end is the region. Eg to change it back to a region follow step 1 and enter the code 98794. 4 being the region code in this example. 3. To check the region code follow step 1 and enter the code 966.
check the region code of the dvd that u bought...if its not according to your country region code then the dvd would play only in laptops and pc dvd drives..u can contact the service station of philips and ask them to unlock ur dvd player so dat it becomes region free..i had the same issue with my dvd player