When printing in page mode, the printer feeds an extra of four blank labels between every two labels to print.
When I use the feed button, the printer only issues one label.
When I open the printer to put in a new roll of labels and then close the cover, the printer also feeds four blank labels.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Printing in page mode feeds extra blanc labels
you firmware is right one for that printer because in most of cases it happens due to wrong firmware and bad ADF kits. so check your ADF kids and if you find them fine the install updated firmware on in.
And put job seperator option always as disabled
once you done with these all then turn your printer off and turn it back on.
post back if any thing changes and rate all answers.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check that your format is centered top and bottom on the stock, and that you have at least 1/8" quiet area top and bottom.
If you are printing on stock with an eye-mark, ensure that your print does not interfere with the area at the eye-mark. The printer will try to print the format, but if the eye-mark is in the way, even if the format is printed completely, will feed a blank label.
The also applys to standard die cut labels. with standard 1/8 die cut between labels
You should adjust the shutter as well to the size of the paper. Another thing is you can manually select the paper type under the printer settings. Go to Printers and Faxes > Properties of your default printer and manually select the paper type.
If pressing the FEED key advances just one label at a time then the printer works ok by itself. The printer will only do what it's told to do so so if extra labels feed at the end of printing, then you have to look at the printer driver or the label format for something adding the extra labels.
To change from "page mode" (protrait) to "line mode" (landscape) you need to complete the following steps. 1. turn the power off 2. hold the feed button down 3. turn power on, the feed button should blink, release the button. 4. when the feed button blinks green, press and hold until it turns red or amber. release the button. 5. turn the power off. 6. hold down the feed button and turn power on, the button should blink and release. it will now print a calibration page. 4 blanks followerd by 2 text pages, the last saying "Now in DUMP" press feed to exit. on the first print, the 4th line down will say either page mode or line mode.
You need to calibrate. Hold down the feed key while powering the printer on, then let go. The printer will calibrate, print a config label, then fo into dump mode. Press the fee key again to go out of dump. Of your issue persists, there could be a problem with yoru media, or with the commands that you are sending to the printer.
First thing to try is a reset of the printer.
1) Turn printer off.
2) Hold down feed button whilst turning printer on.
3) Let go of the feed button as soon as it starts to flash and then wait.
4) Printer will measure out 4 labels then print out a Hex dump ending with a not to "Push Feed to Exit"
5) Push feed
Follow the above instructions, if you mess around tapping the feed button (not following the above) you can change the printer between line mode and page mode. To swap that back is another storey.
Note: If printing in Direct Thermal Mode, default the printer first (4 flashes).
1. Load the labels and ribbon (if used) and close the printer 2. Turn on the printer power. 3. Allow the printer to feed or error out. 4. Press and hold the feed button until the green status LED flashes once, then twice. Release the feed button. 6. The printer will set the media sensor for the label backing being used and then automatically feed until a label is positioned at the printhead. 7. A profile of the media sensor settings (similar to the example in Figure 1) will print. Upon completion, the printer will save the new settings in memory and the printer is ready for normal operation. 8. Press the feed button. One entire blank label will feed. If this does not happen, try defaulting (Hold the FEED button until it flashes 4 times)
HI there make sure that the paper tray guides are fully against the paper also try sending the job through the manual feed to see if you get the same problem. If you do not then it maybe that the paper cassette separation pad is worn and will need replacing. If your model has no rubber pad at the front of the cassette then you will have a metal hold over one corner of the paper make sure that when the paper lifts that the paper sits under the silver (Dog Ear) as this acts as a separator.